Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a support brace, the same kind I had last time (and gave away, since we were "done", HAHA). It's this brace.

It's very supportive, as long as I'm standing! It's uncomfortable to sit in, which I remember from last time as well. And it puts a lot of pressure on your bladder, so be sure to give yourself more time to run to the bathroom! It takes a few seconds to get off, too, so plan that time in. You don't want to be doing the potty dance while something is pressing on your bladder and you fumble around trying to get it off!

I got a size small, which according to the measurements on the package, I fall in between small and medium. And I carry large and all out front, so I was worried that I might need a medium, but I have *plenty* of extra room, so a small is perfect for me.

Oh, also I take it off to eat, it's uncomfortable first of all because I'm sitting down and leaning forward, but also because it kind of presses everything "up" which doesn't help with eating any!

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
i have already been eyeing those myself! which one did you get? there are several on the page. you said you had one last time, how much do you think it helped? i have one from my chiro but it's not soft and it presses on my belly and i am not sure i should wear that for pregnancy. i know what you mean about sitting, leaning forward and bathroom though...BIG PAIN!!! but worth it. those look better than the one i have as that one looks like it hides under clothes fairly well, mine does not. ewwwww...it's so ugly.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got one very similar to the first one on the page. The brand name of mine is "Loving Comfort Maternity Support"...oh, which I just realized is the same as the first one on that page! I got it from Motherhood Maternity. I had hoped to get it second hand, but none of the second hand places near me had one, and I really needed it.

It does help, if nothing else than to remind me to be careful about my positions and movement, you know? But I can't wear it at work, which is frustrating, since that's where I spend the majority of my day. It's just too uncomfortable to wear when I'm sitting. It should really help me in the evenings, though, when I do the cooking/cleaning/bathing of children type activities.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Just a quick tip from a chriopractic assistant - make sure you don't wear it all day or when you are sleeping if you can avoid it. It can atrophy the muscles in your back (like having a cast on your arm - it gets all skinny and weak?) and you could really easily wrench your back out when you least expect it.

sorry to be a debbie downer! ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.