Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can start divorce proceedings on July 10th. $218. Then 6 weeks while they get clearance from Ottawa. Then at the end of August ex and I go swear affadavits and file second set $120. Judge should see it sometime in September and 30 days after that I will be divorced. Woo Hoo! I just talked to ex about it and he is agreeable with keeping everything the same except he wants joint custody with me having primary residance. I have sole custody now. I know if he took me to court he would get it, so I am just going to change it. Also we talked about after he gets a little more on track, him having joint physical custody. Which might be ok, we will see if he can get his finances together and get his own place to live (he shares a house with my bestfriend and her 5 kids right now).

·
Registered
131 Posts
It feels so good to see it coming all together huh?<br><br>
If you want him to get on track before having joint physical custody I would put something about it in the paperwork. The agreement my ex and I have say that he will prove a stable home environment.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The paperwork is going through with me having primary residence. Ex knows me well enough to know I won't deny him the access if he can prove he is stable enough.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Vanessa... will you PM me the detail on how to do it yourself? We have a seperation agreement in place, and we are filing jointly so... It sounds so easy and cheap!!! let me know please!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts