Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SIL loaned Robin "Three Bears and a New Baby" - the Sesame Street movie about the bears having a new baby. Robin is sorta watching it while I check the thread. I just looked up to see Baby Bear get the phone call from Papa Bear that he has a little sister...and started crying.

I am a ridiculous mess. In my defense, I had a sneezing attack, followed by and asthma attack. Then a little later my blood sugar plummeted and I totally lost my cool. SO I still feel a little wonky.

Anybody else losing it a l'il bit?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Nope, I'm totally, 100% in emotional control of myself.

(...did that sound convincing to anyone?
: )

I know they (the tears) come every day whether you want them to or not, so I try to get in some planned weeping time every day. I watch 7th Heaven on reruns while I alternately watch Food Network for ideas of what to eat. Meets two pregnant woman needs

T

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Oh, honey.
I want to say something to the effect of you probably aren't the first person who's cried at an episode of Sesame Street, but I'm not sure that would be accurate.

I've been losing it a bit, but more in a 'everyone just leave me alone' sort of way.
Are these feelings supposed to last the entire pregnancy?

·
Registered
16,500 Posts
I cried (well, teared up) at a Dr. Who episode.

Seriously.

To be honest, it was pretty emotional, and one of the main characters was bawling, which almost always gets me going, but still... Dr. Who...

And I'm definitely more touchy (crabby, cry-y, etc) when my blood sugar gets off - which is way too often considering I'm CONSTANTLY hungry (like now - didn't go to sleep soon enough, so now I'm hungry. Ugh.).

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Becca. . sweetie. You're pregnant. Of course you're a bit weepy and off. AND you have a whole lot of stuff on your plate. . changes (exciting, yes, but still changes). I'd be an utter mess, even without the hormones.

My weepiness is beginning just like when pregnant with DD, every movie and most songs on the radio. I love to sing along in the car but I get part way in and then start tearing up. Just hoping that the crying to the musak in the grocery store holds off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts