Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually woke up a few minutes before the alarm went off which was no small miracle. Were we out the door ON TIME and I actually made it to the interview a few minutes early. They made a conditional offer of employment on the spot (temp agency) and had a job open that I'm qualified for and it pays well so they faxed over my resume to another company and within an hour they called me to come in for an interview! Its tomorrow morning so hopefully it goes as well as today's interview. After that I attended the foster care orientation and that well very well too!

· Registered
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetbaby3
Good luck tomorrow!

Are you going to foster? Is the paper work horrid? When will you know if you're "approved" and how soon till you get your first child?

Very exciting. Good for you!

Yep, its something I have wanted to do for about 13 years. I'm told there's lots of paper work, I'll need to take some classes and will be taking them in Jan. I was told to expect the process to take 3-4 months. I'm hoping to eventually adopt 2 foster kiddos
I'm thinking a little girl slightly younger then dd and an infant boy. I dont know how long till I get a placement after everything is done, it could literally happen the same day were approved to foster or it could be a couple months. I'll be going through a private agency and they do there best to match you with what your looking for in a child, behaviors and such. Were moving into a bigger place in March and wont be able to foster until then but the agency said that's no problem, we'll just make the home study the last thing they do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.