Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She asked me, "are you going to do real diapers?" I reluctantly said yeah. She said I was cded!!!! She said, did *you* think I used Pampers?" I said yeah! She said she used prefolds and she used paper liners and she would fold them. I said you didn't have a service and she said, "I *was* the service!" I said mama dipes have changed. She said WHAT! I said yeah, its just like a sposie, with snaps and velcro. She said well, but you have to go up sizes and prefolds are cheaper. She said the baby will use prefolds at my house. She *loved* to fold them and use Ivory Snow and hang them up. She used to experiment with pins, pink and green and yellow...my mom was
! MAN! As she was talking I'm grabbing *all* my little stash to bring to her house tomorrow. She cded me *and* my little sister! She kept saying, "you thought I used Pampers?" I am so in shock! My mom ROCKS! I can't believe how close we are getting with this baby coming.

She was an APer! I said mama why didn't you bf? She said that daddy looked at her tiny breasts and said maybe not. :LOL She said if she had breasts like mine or Kim's she wouldn't have hesitated! She *wore* us *and* even tho we were formula fed she *only* used glass bottles and sterilized them! No bottles with sposie bags. She even ground table food.

I'm in awe of my mom!

·
Registered
472 Posts
My mom was an AP mama too! She bf until I was two, cd, we were in arms, not in strollers, etc. She takes care of dd twice a week and happily cd's her and is such a loveing, awesome grandma.

Isn't it fun finding out about our parents being COOL!

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
That is awsome! I never realized it til I was preggo too that my mom was a total APer -- she CDed me, co-slept, wore me, EBF me, made all my baby food from veggies my dad grew... I was like "wow -- I never knew!"

Of course what could I expect being born in Santa Cruz, CA in the late 70s????!!!!

Yay for your mom!

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm just so psyched! I mean, mama...she just so....suburban...she doesn't seem like that. City girl, *southern* daddy was a southern country boy; but, probably used to the old fashioned way though. But, then again, maybe she started to crunch when we lived in the motorhome in the 70's! :LOL

My mom rocks...wow...

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Thats awesome! My mommy was the same way! BF'd me till I was nearly 2, my sister till she was 17 months, we both self weaned. She CD'd us and she was also the diaper service, lol. She made our own babyfood. Held us. Lemme tell you, there was never a morsel of "fake" food or packaged food in the house! All health food, I HATED it as a child but LOVE it now!

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Yaaaaaaaaaaay your mama rocks!

My mum can't believe the leaps CD has made. She CD and breastfed all three of us. She didn't AP but she dealt with us very similarly to how I deal with my son. She really was (and still is) a fantastic mother. It makes things sooooo much easier when your mother understands where you're coming from on parenting.

~Daednu

·
Registered
340 Posts
That's really cool! Glad yo found that out!
My mom is a total freak about cloth- she insists on doing every change whenever we are there or she is here, she likes to pull out my whole stash and see all the new ones. One time I went to see what was taking her so long to change dd and it turns out she was trying on all the different dipes she hadn't seen her in yet!! :LOL ! My dad's pretty cool too, for Christmas 2 yrs ago he gave me $150 to specifically spend on El Bee dipes!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.