Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a terrible cold and I'm so exhausted, all I want to do is sleep. Dd has really been good today, but she can only play so long by herself. I have about enough energy to go out in the backyard and let her swing or run around, but our lawn hasn't been mowed in about a month since our lawnmower broke. There is no where outside for her to play w/o us getting in the car. DH will be home a little after 3, but he's coming down with this cold too and will probably want to sleep. Ahhh... I just don't feel like I can do this today.
I need someone to take care of dd but we have no family or friends around that can help me out. Anyway, just wanted some sympathy.

· Registered
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I tried to get dd to take an early nap for my sake, but it wouldn't happen. I hate it when you fall asleep trying to get your child to sleep and then they wake you when they are finished eating and just as you are falling into deep sleep. It's maddening! I shall try again in another hour.

· Registered
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, she finally went down for a nap after an hour of trying; later than normal. She's been fighting me on sleep lately. And dh was home when we woke up, so I've been able to just lay around. He's in the shower now, so I decided to jump on the computer to keep myself awake. DD is a very active 14 month old and doesn't care much for videos or I would have been using them. I've been sick for nearly 2 weeks now. DD and I were visiting my family last week so I never really slowed down when I needed to. I thought I was starting to get better, but last night things got worse again. And I haven't been good about taking my prenatal vitamins, so my immune system is probably shot right now. If I could just sleep at night, instead of coughing all night, I'm sure that would help a lot. Thanks for the sympathy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.