Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot eat more than a little bit of food at any one time, and my weight gain hasn't changed in two weeks. My tummy just always feels so full! Whether or not I've eaten recently! Like today, all I had was a egg and cheese croissant, a little bowl of cous-cous with peanut sauce, and half of a big salad at dinner. I also ate a couple triscuts and just now some fruit, but that's all I had, ALL day! Maybe 1,500-1,800 calories?

I just cannot make myself eat, because I know how uncomfortable I'm going to get after! As in, sometimes it's so bad that I have to lay down and rest my belly on a pillow until my food digests a little.

Any suggestions or ideas? Not only worried about DD getting enough nutrients, but also myself! I am taking my pre-natals, as well as 2 fish oil capsules per day, so hopefully things will be okay, but what about DD gaining weight between now and her b-day? DR said she's only about 5 lbs. right now. Will she still gain weight, even if I can't eat very much?

Thanks ladies

· Registered
2,051 Posts
My midwife suggested 6-8 small meals/snacks a day since I didn't feel like I had room to eat.

· Registered
495 Posts
Sounds like you're eating just fine! There's generally an increase or slowing of food intake, at least for me, all throughout pregnancy. At certain points, I've eaten as little as 300 calories a day (hello morning sickness) or as much as 2400 calories a day (hello I'm-starving-2nd-trimester). And at the end, in the last few weeks before the birth, your weight tends to even out or even drop a little and you really can't fit much food in. Nothing about your situation sounds abnormal at all to me! Your body will tell you if you need more.

· Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by writteninkursive View Post
And at the end, in the last few weeks before the birth, your weight tends to even out or even drop a little and you really can't fit much food in. Nothing about your situation sounds abnormal at all to me! Your body will tell you if you need more.
I didn't know that! I thought I was supposed to gain weight all throughout
I guess I'll just chill then. Thanks for all the replies!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.