Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AF is due today, and my DH picked up a test at the dollar store (was really $4), and.... it is positive. It showed up positive in like 30 seconds!!!! I hope that means I am really pregnant! I have been trying for almost a year and am still breastfeeding.
Now I have got to find my camera, but there is no mistaking this +.
And I am going to test again tomorrow with a different test.
If it was a negative, would it show up with a + in less than 1 minute?

· Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone know when my due date will be? Al l the due date calculatoers don't go as far as a 46 day cycle, so I am not sure. My AF was 10/26 and OV was 11/28. When would I be due?

But to make things really complicated, I had AF twice. I had it a week, and then off a few days, and on for another week. This is not normal for me. But the first time came really early, so I am counting from the second AF. Am I doing this right?

· Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
Does anyone know when my due date will be? Al l the due date calculatoers don't go as far as a 46 day cycle, so I am not sure. My AF was 10/26 and OV was 11/28. When would I be due?

But to make things really complicated, I had AF twice. I had it a week, and then off a few days, and on for another week. This is not normal for me. But the first time came really early, so I am counting from the second AF. Am I doing this right?
Friday, August 21, 2009

It doesnt really matter so much when your last AF was if you know actual O date. According to your O date the above date is your due date.

· Registered
200 Posts
BlueBird ~ The iPregnant calculator on my iPhone says July 30th....?

I put in AF date as 10/26 with a 42 day cycle length (as high as it would go) and it gave me this:

Conception date: Nov 22 (it wouldn't let me put in a specific O date, but it was really close considering the only info it went off of is AF & cycle length... +4 days would be 26th, and you said it was the 28th.. so, that was close)
Due Date: Aug 2nd

Since it was short by 4 days, I counted back 4 days... that's how I got July 30th as your EDD.

· Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurieD143 View Post
BlueBird ~ The iPregnant calculator on my iPhone says July 30th....?

I put in AF date as 10/26 with a 42 day cycle length (as high as it would go) and it gave me this:

Conception date: Nov 22 (it wouldn't let me put in a specific O date, but it was really close considering the only info it went off of is AF & cycle length... +4 days would be 26th, and you said it was the 28th.. so, that was close)
Due Date: Aug 2nd

Since it was short by 4 days, I counted back 4 days... that's how I got July 30th as your EDD.
Err, are you sure that App is right?

With the stats you put in it it should be Tuesday, August 18, 2009

· Registered
200 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Err, are you sure that App is right?

With the stats you put in it it should be Tuesday, August 18, 2009
No idea - That's just what it gave me

Actually, I just counted 40 weeks from the start of her AF on 10/26 and I landed on August 2nd - just like the iPregnant app said. Sooo....? Not sure - I'm not an expert - just tryin' to help!
:

· Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Estimated Conception Date: 11/28/2008
Estimated Due Date: 08/22/2009
(only 5% born on their due date!)

Estimated Gestational Age: 3 weeks, 4 days
(how far along your pregnancy is)

That's probably going to be the closest you'll get without an u/s or something.

· Registered
200 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Friday, August 21, 2009

It doesnt really matter so much when your last AF was if you know actual O date. According to your O date the above date is your due date.
Just out of curiosity - Isn't it the opposite? I always read / been told that it is based off of the start of your last period. But then, I don't have any experience with really long cycles... just the usual 28-30 days. So maybe that makes a difference...

Does it go off of your LMP? Or O date?

That would be great to know... if it's the O date, then I've been counting mine wrong this whole time - LOL

· Registered
3,022 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post

Congrats!!!! Add 266 days to your O day and that is your EDD. PP have already posted the date...an August baby!

· Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spring Sun View Post
Yep, it is 40 weeks from your last period. Yea!!!
Not if you ovulated more than 2 weeks since your last period.

· Premium Member
8,511 Posts
congrats!!

if you ovulate later than day 14 or 15 in your cycle, subtract two weeks from your ovulation date to give you your "LMP" date

that way your dates will jive with the pregnancy wheel - which crams you into a 28 day cycle like it or lump it.

· Registered
465 Posts
I doesn't matter when your LMP was, your EDD is 38 weeks from O. Your doc is going to ask when your LMP was and will use that though until an US confirms a different date. If you are sure of your O date then you can always count back two weeks from O and tell the doc that that was the date of your LMP.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.