Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am not normally this hungry but i think the baby wants to go through a growth spurt because i can not stop eating.
today i have had

an english muffin with butter and strawberry jam
two decaf carmel machiattos (not food but still)
an apple bran muffin
strawberrys
turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce, and mashed potatoes
an entire bag of microwave popcorn
half a bag of Andy Capp's cheese fries (i don't normally eat this crap!)
now i am having more strawberries and greek yogurt.

help!
:

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Yep...that's me, too. Except I've noticed lately that I can't eat quite as much at a sitting, so instead I seem to be eating more between meals. I'm just HUNGRY!!

I long ago learned to listen to my body during pregnancy...I've proven twice that I can lose the baby weight, no matter how much I gain (and I gained a LOT in my first pregnancy!)

Hmm...now I'm thinking about food

·
Premium Member
14,677 Posts
Looks to me like the baby is trying to tell you it wants more protein first thing in the morning. I have to assume that the turkey and mashed potatoes was at lunch, and that's the only significant source of protein in that menu. Try eating a heavier breakfast. I know if I eat a light breakfast, I spend the rest of the day famished, but a hearty breakfast satisfies me and I can eat like a normal person the rest of the day.

Oh, and rather than being upset about eating so "often", maybe plan on having 5 or 6 meals a day... it keeps your blood sugars more stable, and accommodates the shrinking size of your stomach.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I've gone through a couple of phase like that. Most recently was last week -- it felt like I just couldn't eat enough. I tend to eat more during the day, and then less at dinner time.

But mmmmm those Andy's Capp fries sound good (something I've never eaten, but I definitely could right now
)

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are totally right i definitely always crave protein in the morning. i tend to do more fruits and veggies for lunch and then whatever the DP wants for dinner unless i have a serious craving for Indian food or something

i think i do pretty well at balancing and i definitely already do the 5-6 meals thing. but today i just can't get enough food. hence the vending machine popcorn and cheese fries.

i'm totally full but i want to keep eating!

home soon thank goodness. haha.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I had mild insulin issues before getting pregnant that were enough to mess up my eggs and cause miscarriages, so I have to be careful and they still have me seeing a dietitian. I have to eat 3 meals and 3 snacks and balance protein with carbs. I have to eat protein with breakfast... just an ounce of cheese, a handful of almonds, etc.. When I skip it, I feel it for sure. You'd be surprised how much they have me eating. If anyone is interested, I'll list it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I am on a every 2 hour food schedule lately! I had eggs and hashbrowns for breakfast (thanks DH) and I was still hungry 1 1/2 hours later, even though I was stuffed at breakfast (I couldn't finish what was on my plate). I had already eaten a banana and a glass of OJ before 'breakfast', then I went on to have a bowl of cereal and then snacked throughout the rest of the day, we just had salmon and salad for dinner along with guacamole and chips. Since it was an early dinner because of ds's soccer practice I can only assume there will be some kind of snack later on. I can't stop eating, I am loving food right now but like a PP said I can't eat as much at one sitting these days and I do know that I can get the weight off afterwards, even though it's a royal PITA
so I try not to stress too much, but I do hate that my limbs look like overstuffed sausages, if only I could be one of those cute pregnant mamas that only gain in the belly <sigh> you are not alone!

Warmly,
Erin
EDD #5 9-15-09

·
Registered
545 Posts
I sound like Erin.

I infamously skipped breakfast before I got pregnant. Just never cared for it.

Since pregnant? I eat eggs almost every morning. I drink probably 2 glasses of whole milk a day. Lets not even talk about cheese...

I could pretty much live off of a chicken and a cow about now.

GOOOOOOOOOOO FOOD!!!! RAH!
:

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zenproof View Post
I sound like Erin.

I infamously skipped breakfast before I got pregnant. Just never cared for it.

Since pregnant? I eat eggs almost every morning. I drink probably 2 glasses of whole milk a day. Lets not even talk about cheese...

GOOOOOOOOOOO FOOD!!!! RAH!
:
: This is me!! I now must, must, must eat a big/protein heavy breakfast. And suddenly I am a dairy hog. . .but this week I have been off. Not so hungry and my stomach has been upset a lot, I have even had some nausea again which I haven't for weeks. Not sure what's going on. . .ate something bad, growth spurt, hormone surge???

Generally, I feel heavier and more uncomfortable (lots of round ligament pain) this week, so I just assume things are shifting and my stomach and digestion is taking a hit. I definitely have to eat smaller meals more often now, I feel really awful if I eat too much at one sitting.

Oh, and yeah, I too wish I could be one of those cute pregnant mamas who look exactly like they did pre-pg only with the belly. Sigh, probably not going to be me though. I sense a general rounding

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
: This is me!! I now must, must, must eat a big/protein heavy breakfast. And suddenly I am a dairy hog. . .but this week I have been off. Not so hungry and my stomach has been upset a lot, I have even had some nausea again which I haven't for weeks. Not sure what's going on. . .ate something bad, growth spurt, hormone surge???

Generally, I feel heavier and more uncomfortable (lots of round ligament pain) this week, so I just assume things are shifting and my stomach and digestion is taking a hit. I definitely have to eat smaller meals more often now, I feel really awful if I eat too much at one sitting.

Oh, and yeah, I too wish I could be one of those cute pregnant mamas who look exactly like they did pre-pg only with the belly. Sigh, probably not going to be me though. I sense a general rounding

I'm 15 weeks and I have felt more uncomfortable this week and some stomach issues as well. Hmmm...

Oh, and I fit in the general rounding category. My hips definitely spread when I am pregnant.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I hate days like this. I had lost a ton of weight a couple of years ago through Weight Watchers and felt so good. When I got pregnant I vowed to eat the same and try not to go overboard. Then I got morning sickness and that lasted the whole first trimester. I ate like crazy for two months!! I've already put on 16 lbs and I'm only in week 15 of the pregnancy.
I've slowed down on my eating a lot since the m/s has subsided.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zenproof View Post
Yep, I have to have an egg sandwich with cheese on it every single morning. I've also started drinking Lactaid and eating cereal more often. That's odd considering I never wanted cereal pre-preg.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i too never ate breakfast before being pregnant. this morning i had an english muffin with butter and jelly and orange juice and about an hour or so later 2 egg mcmuffins with hashbrowns.

i think i'm finally going to be able to put on weight

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.