Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 Kushies aio's that my mom bought for me off of ebay. They're not very good diapers in the first place and they were not in very good shape when I got them. I used them on a regular basis for a couple of weeks while I built up my stash, then retired them to my "back-up stash" (ie: gerber prefolds, ect).

These things are in horrible condition! Their outer layer is all ripped up, the soaker material is wearing thin, and the velcro is a mess. I don't think any part of these diapers are salvagable. I wouldn't bother selling them on ebay because it would be too much work describing their terrible condition. They are in too terrible of shape to even donate.

So why can't I throw them out?

Anybody else have this pack-rat problem?

:

·
Registered
953 Posts
I had some kooshies too that were HORRID some i ripped the soakers out for soakers in diapers when I was just learning to sew them. But others I used as back up. I was finally able to thropw them away. After a long time, when my dd would have NASTY poops I would throw them away. I knew they could not handle one more wash. NOw I am fresh out of kushies and i wont ever buy them again. The p[rice was right. I bought them new off of ebay. 10 for 50 dollars, It worked for the time but now I dont think so.....

Now i do have some prefolds that need to go to the great CD graveyard, but I fear they will never make it LOL they are not even good enough for dust rags LOL

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Me! I hate getting rid of stuff too. If they're that ratty and you really think no one would use them even on their most desperate laundry day, i hate to say it but throw them out. It's quite liberating! I had ratty poorly made dipes too and I hated looking at them. If they're not 'that' bad, freecycle them but disclose the shape they're in so the recipient doesnt waste a trip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.