Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought of something. Every year I have a presenter come in to talk to the students in my grade level about the use of cotton and wool. We read a story called "The Goat in the Rug". It's about a goat and the process a Navajo woman uses to make a rug from the goat (it's based on a real Navajo weaver and a particular goat). It talks about shearing the goat, using plants to clean the wool, carding the wool, etc.

The students really get into the whole process. We also have one of our staff members (her mom was a Navajo weaver) bring in tools and rugs/blankets made from the wool. I just realized that this year I could bring in some of my wool soakers. Ha Ha the teacher gets to do show and tell! I can tell them all about how the wool holds in the wetness. Wow! I'm so excited! Have I officially lost it?

This gives new meaning to the Mary Had a Little Lamb lyrics "He followed her to school one day, school one day, school one day!"

· Registered
613 Posts
I talked about CDing in general with my college students this past semester. It turned out well - I did a short demo on the last day of class with parts of my stash, and I had lots of interest and great questions. I also had some folks ask for website referrals, which was also great. I kept it matter-of-fact and simple, didn't push. It was fun to share!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.