Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone recommend how to get desitin out of cloth.. (Little lambs liners to be exact) I as you can figure out used some desitin on my dd rash and well it hasn't washed out yet.

my usual wash routine is this

c/c 1/4 cup of baking soda 1 tbs of tide (Liquid)
H/c 1 tbs of tide
H/H nothing

·
Registered
11,525 Posts
Yikes! Desitin is oil based so I would try scrubbing the stains with Dawn dish detergent, then follow with an overnight soak and wash, then sunning. The fabric will really soak up the detergent so I wouldn't add any to the wash and it may take a couple of rinses to get totally out. Good luck!

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Desitin is long lasting stuff. When my brother was born I was almost three. I helped mom diaper him (prefolds, pins and plastic pants) and when he had a rash she used desitin on him. Well, I have a 3 foot tall stuffed panda bear and while she diapered my brother, I would diaper my bear. One day I took the tube of desitin and smeared it all over the backside of my panda bear - now 28 years later you can still smell the desitin. The things kids do.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.