Mothering Forum banner

i did it...

824 Views 36 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  Taosmama
i did what i swore i would never do... i dunked.

but i had to! her peas finally came out the other end
: and it was scary! i couldn't stand the idea of the poo and peas just sitting in her diaper until wash day, so i held the edge in the toilet and flushed.

suffice to say, i don't know what i'm doing. her poos are still totally runny BF poos, so i don't know if liners would help. i tried pouring water from a glass over it, which didn't help. i scraped it with toilet paper, which didn't help (i got the peas out of it, though but there were still huge gobs of poo). finally, i put it in the sink and just ran water over it

this has been a humbling experience. i never wanted to dunk but now, i don't know. maybe i need a minishower.
See less See more
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
ahhh see, it's not soo bad is it?

I've been dunking, swooshing, shaking, picking clean remnants of food out of the washer for a looong time now
Dunking is the start of it all.. LOL!

Good for you
See less See more
I couldnt do it, even with his peas and things I couldnt, I mean I DID do it, but nothing happened, the poo held to the diaper like glue to cardboard.
OH please do yourself a favor and get a mini shower (www.heinyking.com) It was the best money I've spent so far! They only get more solid as you introduce things like cheerios! Really, it's totally worth it! Oh and pineapple and green beans also don't digest! :LOL
I am still the Spatula Queen...although we are in a temporary hiatus between potty training and the birth of the next pooper!

Get thyself a spatula, scrape the poop off and then LEAVE the spatula in the bathroom for the next time. Scrapes all those peas off, I'm telling you.

Just make sure you know which spatula you use...
Quote:

Originally Posted by JennInSeattle
OH please do yourself a favor and get a mini shower (www.heinyking.com) It was the best money I've spent so far! They only get more solid as you introduce things like cheerios! Really, it's totally worth it! Oh and pineapple and green beans also don't digest! :LOL
Yep, yep, yep, heiny king, yep.

Love the mini-shower, and it's amazing how much poop it gets off, even when you don't think there is that much on there.

-Kimberly
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by JennInSeattle
In my expirience, they're easier to plop in the toilet when they're more solid. *shrug*
Oh good Lord, I have never used anything other than a disposable wipe for quick solid grabbing and/or a good functioning washing machine.

I can't dunk.

I can't minshower.

I think I'm pooperdiaper impared.

:LOL
Quote:

Originally Posted by water
I am still the Spatula Queen...although we are in a temporary hiatus between potty training and the birth of the next pooper!

Get thyself a spatula, scrape the poop off and then LEAVE the spatula in the bathroom for the next time. Scrapes all those peas off, I'm telling you.

Just make sure you know which spatula you use...
: that is awesome! you are hilarious.

ugh i knew it was coming, too. she crouched on dh's guitar case and i could see that she had her pooping face on. she would grunt, then smile, then grunt again.

why oh why didn't i use a prefold on her first???
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReesesMomma
In my expirience, they're easier to plop in the toilet when they're more solid. *shrug*
Oh let me add that they are not solid! ROFL! Just *more* solid!
Oh the life of a diapering mama! ROFL!
See less See more
Solid, semi-solid, liquid... it's all just "issues' in my dh's mind. He comes to me and says, "Sailor has an "issue', can you take care of it?" I don't even want to tell you all how many disposable wipes get washed in our household every week... :LOL
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2Sailor
Solid, semi-solid, liquid... it's all just "issues' in my dh's mind. He comes to me and says, "Sailor has an "issue', can you take care of it?" I don't even want to tell you all how many disposable wipes get washed in our household every week... :LOL
: Issues! Well Dan has yet to change a diaper in Nathan's 10 months and will just hand him to me and say "He's wet". Nice!
:
See less See more
And isn't it amazing how stinky a kiddo can be when only "wet".

:LOL

Thanks Jenn, I'm glad I'm not the only one...
See less See more
The minishower is the BEST invention! My 2.5 year should have solid, shake into the toilet poo, but doesn't! Without the minishower, I would be washing diapers in poo soup!
See less See more
i love this one 'but i changed her'. when, yesterday?
Ah, welcome to the world of the pooper cleaner uppers! I swear, between the dipes, the dog, and the cat...I don't know who's at the top of the food chain anymore,kwim? DH is very passive-aggressive about the whole thing...he'll change little dude once in a while...and "forget" the lovely smelly gift on the changing table
. I think he's afraid. We have those "rocket toilets"...they're like super strong water-conserving flusher contraptions...I can't tell you how many wipes and fleece liners I've lost to the rocket :LOL
See less See more
Rubber gloves, laundry sink. Go past the toilet as you walk to the laundry, empty off anything remotely solid that will fall off and flush. Take the diaper to the laundry, put on the gloves, run the tap - take both sides of the diaper, rub together, like handwashing. It gets it perfectly clean, no poo in the pail or the washer, is quick and easy. I keep a spatula in the laundry too for mushing the solid bits down the sink.
Well I have always dunked heck I rinse wet diapers, but DH had always refused a few days ago I came home to my DH saying eww, gross, gross eww and the ohh so familiar sound of swishing toliet water
. AHH the sweet (or smelly??) sounds of DH first diaper dunk!

Deanna
See less See more
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.