Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I actually sent in the enrollment forms and fees for an umbrella school today which will get my kids records transferred from the local public school to them and makes me an official home-schooler! I also told my DH's grandmother (we are very close) that I would be home-schooling.

I'm excited and happy with the decision but still very nervous and a bit freaked. It's like stepping off a cliff. Now I really have to do it. And now I'm going to have to brave the people who will conclude I'm doing nothing because I'm planning to unschool

Now if I can just get through grandmothers 90th b-day party next month without having to talk to my MIL who is a 4th grade teacher I'll be happy.

Laura

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
Congratulations!

Quote:
I'm excited and happy with the decision but still very nervous and a bit freaked. It's like stepping off a cliff. Now I really have to do it. And now I'm going to have to brave the people who will conclude I'm doing nothing because I'm planning to unschool
I hear you about this. This is how I felt the day ds's preschool ended. Homeschooling was now official, and I totally freaked. I still alternate between excited and freaked, but according to all the hs'ing stuff I've read, it is totally normal.

And yeah, the first thing people usually ask me when I tell them we're homeschooling is what curriculum I'm using. Answering that always makes me feel so flaky.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.