Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Quote:
I don't get it. Oz is cool.
oh, i don't know. we have our fair share of ******** here. and with john howard in charge, this action doesn't surprise me. it's scary. i fear muslims will have all their rights taken away from them. i was heartened, though, to see that the morning news show is concerned as well and had two muslim leaders on to voice their concerns. i hope enough australians wake up to what's going on.

·
Premium Member
3,205 Posts
Yeah, I agree. I don't really know about how cool Australia is.

And the new sedition laws prevent me from stating any further opinion on the matter.

Bwahahahahaha......

Except that it's really not so funny after all.

But i will go out on a limb here & say that I think it is.... interesting that Howard managed to time his new laws to within one week of finding 17 people worthy of arrest for terrorism in Sydney & Melbourne. ANd that they all happen to be muslim.

But really, no, the new 'anti' terrorism laws aren't targeting Muslims, nope, not one little bit.

We (australians) were in the focus of 'terrorists' long before last week, & these new laws are going to do absolutely nothing in terms of protecting us in the future. imo, we are stirring a hornet's nest of our own making.

I'd better shut up now. Wherever is that duct-taped mouth simile when you need it, eh?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.