Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8,827 Posts
Sounds similar to my almost 4 ds. With him, the sticks shoot dynamite or he pretends to be a robot that is attacking another robot (he watched a show called Robot Wars that my dh had on tape. It accidently popped on after the train show that my dh had on tape ended. I didn't know it was there and it really caught ds's fancy. Teams of people create robots that they then pit against each other like gladiators).

Some kids he plays really nicely with and others it's just fighting over toys. I decided that next time we get together with a certain family we will do it at a playground with no toys brought.

· Registered
8,827 Posts
I wanted to add that with my ds, talking about the other child's feelings does absolutely no good during the heat of the moment. It even makes ds seem worse to the other mothers because ds doesn't seem to give a hoot about hurting their feelings. If he does something nice, I might say that so-and-so seems happy that you gave him that. Rather than appealing to ds's undeveloped ability to see other's point of view, I might just say that the rule is everybody is allowed to play, rather than he is hurting someone's feelings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.