Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the situation. Dd is 14 months and i am 8 weeks pg. She still nursed atleast every 2 hours during the day. up until a month ago we co-slept. then it seemed like whenever we came in the room or rolled over she woke up and she ended up being up every hour all night. So we tried her in her own room in her on "big be" (Queen size bed) This worked great. Sometimes she slept 9:30pm to 4 am and then i would bring her into our bed.<br><br>
But now, for the past 2 weeks nighttime SUCKS!!! No matter where she sleeps, her bed or with us (we've tried both) she is waking up every hour and nursing then must be latched on from 5 - 6:30am or she wakes up.<br><br>
I don't know what to do. I don't want to nightwean her, i want to CLW, but i'm very frustrated. Waking up all night is not good in this early state of pregnancy as i'm already exhausted. I'm just tired.<br><br>
any advice? Is it just teething? milestones? a phase? Maybe it is unrealistic, but i would like to get some stretches of consecutive sleep before the new baby gets here. 4 hours at a stretch would be wonderful, 6 hours would be a God send.<br>
And how am i supposed to deal with this while caring for newborn who wakes every 2 hours if she is still waking so much?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
It could be any of the things you mentioned. My theory when I was going through similar is that DS was trying to up my milk supply. He was doing what his body was telling him to do to get more milk but my body wasn't listening because I was pregnant. So I started offering water before nursing at night. It has worked out most of the time. You may just have to try different things until you find something that works. I understand how precious sleep is! Good luck!

·
Registered
580 Posts
15 months was a hard time for nursing for us. I can't really remember why, except that DS just seemed realy really needy.. We did end up night-weaning because nursing was so painful. If you are interested in our story, let me know and I'll post a link or cut and paste for ya.<br><br>
Jen D.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts