Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh. In the last week I've started being hungry ALL THE TIME! I try to eat fruits and veggies. I have fruits more than veggies, but I'm having produce a lot. Last week I ate a whole watermelon in one day! I've been onto whole wheat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I can't seem to get enough trail mix (I fish out and avoid the M&Ms). I'm all about raisin bran and milk--after my milk aversion passed, I could eat raisin bran all day! Any time of the day is good for a scrambled egg sandwich on buttered whole wheat toast.<br><br>
I've been trying to eat as much healthy food as I can manage. Sure, I've had a Jamba Juice Peanut Moo'd once in a a while, a Ben and Jerry's, or a Coldstone--but definitely not a habit.<br><br>
But, ugh, I'm having such acid reflux. It's horrid! I try to take TUMS, but I can only take 10 a day, so I have a ration them. I don't want to take drugs, but at this point, I'm running out of options. Any amount of dairy kills me. Tomatoes instantly send me into a watery eyed acid fit.<br><br>
Yesterday, I caved to my desire for McD's french fries and a milk shake--and laid down to take a nap after having my 'lunch'. I woke up 45 minutes later with the worst stomach cramps I've ever had--I thought it was because I was sleeping on my stomach and squishing the baby--but, after an hour of running back and forth to the bathroom with horrid diarhea--I assumed it was either the fries or the milk shake. Hubby made pizza for dinner a few hours later and I had the same experience--but the fat and dairy were together, so I have no idea which was the culprit.<br><br>
I laid down last night to go to bed--after trying to sooth my poor tush. Immediately upon laying down I had stomach acid FLY UP INTO my nose and mouth. It actually splashed out of my nose! I didn't even burp or anything--it was just flew out of my nose! It was horrible.<br><br>
Today, I'm SO AFRAID to eat anything! I slowly ate a peanut butter sandwich, watermelon, and mango over 2 hours for breakfast--which seemed to work. Then, I had a California Roll for lunch--very slowly. I ate more watermelon and some blueberries.<br><br>
The chicken thighs we took out for dinner scared me for the fat. Making a rice, tomato sauce, chopped meat and cheese casserole sounded like trouble. Chinese food sounded even worse! I thought about pizza, but the fat and cheese, no way. We finally settled on Subway roast beef (toasted, of course) and I seem to be doing okay, but I am terrified of eating because the acid is SO BAD!<br><br>
I have an appointment with my midwife tomorrow afternoon. I know that most acid meds are either class B or class C drugs--but how long can I put up with this pain without doing serious damage to my esophagus?

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
try papaya enzyme. you can get it at any health food store.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
dairy should help calm the acid not make it worse so i'd stay clear of the greesy foods....could be you're having galbladder attacks from too much greese, on top of heartburn from the acid!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts