Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ds2 is 3 months old, and we've coslept since birth. However, he gets so hot at night that I'm not able to get any sleep. I wake up hot and sweaty every night. He just wears a onesie and a light blanket. I wear shorts and a tank and no blanket, with a fan running.

The real problem is that no matter how long I let him sleep in my arms, when I put him down he wakes up every time. I don't know what to do, I'm not getting any sleep, but the alternative has ds2 not sleeping either. I'm about at my wits end.

HELP!

· Registered
153 Posts
((((Hugs))))

I have been there with co-sleeping issues and can definately sympathize. We stopped co-sleeping for several months due to our issues and only recently have begun co-sleeping again, but this time around is going better (after a rocky re-start). Whatever you end up doing I'm sure it will be for the best for the family. Good luck working things out!

· Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've tried swaddling, nursing laying down, and our bed isn't big enough for me to scoot away. None of those things worked

I've thought about sleeping topless, but I still leak A LOT! I would probably end up waking myself up because I'd be sleeping in a puddle of bm

Dh and ds1 are on Christmas break starting today, so maybe I'll take these up coming 2 weeks to kinda get ds2 used to sleeping in his crib, which is right next to our bed.

Thanks for the ideas, and I might give swaddling another try before I give up on cosleeping entirely.

· Registered
6,068 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Logan's mommy View Post
I've tried swaddling, nursing laying down, and our bed isn't big enough for me to scoot away. None of those things worked

I've thought about sleeping topless, but I still leak A LOT! I would probably end up waking myself up because I'd be sleeping in a puddle of bm

Dh and ds1 are on Christmas break starting today, so maybe I'll take these up coming 2 weeks to kinda get ds2 used to sleeping in his crib, which is right next to our bed.

Thanks for the ideas, and I might give swaddling another try before I give up on cosleeping entirely.
I should clarify-we swaddled, had a fan going for white noise, made sure the room was as dark as possible.

I leak a lot in the beginning too. But I can't stand wearing clothes while sleeping, so I kept a stash of prefolds or flats on my nightstand or in the pocket of our Arm's Reach so that I could just throw one over the other boob and avoid getting soaked. I stopped leaking by 4-4.5 months i think.

· Registered
43,104 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Logan's mommy View Post

Sleep on a towel!

Or with a prefold over the boob...

-Angela

· Premium Member
1,493 Posts
What about nursing down in a twin bed pushed right up against yours? Then you can roll over into your own space. That's what we did when our son was about a year old. We call it the "bed palace" because it's like one gigantic bed, but everyone has the possibility of an independent spot. It takes up a lot of room but I can't tell you how worth it it is to us!

I couldn't have slept topless either, btw. My son would have been nursing all night if he had full blown access to those things
I remember a few times when he managed to get my shirt up and latch on while I slept (or maybe I offered in my sleep? who knows! lol) and I'd wake up because I was having an "itchy nipple" dream. HAHA!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.