Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG OMG, I just heard that line on a Luvs commercial. Are they for real? I don't understand the super absorbant diaper thing AT ALL. It's called "changing your baby when they pee", and it wants to be your friend.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
As if on cue - I JUST got one in the mail. Just what I needed
Some people just don't get it though. My MIL is always making the comment that "you wouldn't need to change her so often if you used disposables"
It's like talking to a brick wall sometimes

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Yeah, people laugh at me for changing my dc's dipes all the time. They say it's because I like to wash dipes...HELLO!!! My kid peed so I change their diaper. Recently dh was w/a buddy of his and they had the kids w/them. Dh came home w/a bag full of dirty dipes and said his friend had changed their little girl ONE time!! She didn't "feel" wet so she didn't get changed. Yuck! Sad for those poor babes!
:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Eww! I've never seen that commercial, but I don't get it either.

One time my MIL was watching ds for me for a couple hours. When I returned to get him, he was fussing, and I figured he probably needed a diaper change. My MIL had put a sposie on him (she's afraid of my cloth
) and she lifted him up and smelled his crotch and said, "no he's fine". I took him anyway to change his diaper and the nasty thing was bursting full. I don't think she was planning on changing him until he pooped!
I told dh his mom can't watch ds anymore unless she starts changing his diaper every hour on the hour (if not sooner).

I just don't get it either

·
Registered
946 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jfrank411
I told dh his mom can't watch ds anymore unless she starts changing his diaper every hour on the hour (if not sooner).
Am I the only person who uses cloth that goes 3 hours normally?? Or maybe my kids dont pee every hour?

good lord that would be a lot of diapers!!!

*note- I notice when I use just prefolds I change more often since they FEEL wet asap.

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aherne
Am I the only person who uses cloth that goes 3 hours normally?? Or maybe my kids dont pee every hour?

*note- I notice when I use just prefolds I change more often since they FEEL wet asap.
When we use covers and clothes I often forget and Nathan will go 2-3 hours but when we go coverless I notice it immediately. Some hours during the day he'll be changed once or twice an hour but he ususally has stretches of time where he'll go 4-5 hours without peeing. This morning I woke up and took Nathan in to change him from the night (13 hours of sleep) and he wasn't even wet. So, yes and no! lol

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Quote:

My dd goes 3-4 hours or more without peeing, so we only go through 4-5 dipes per day now. When she does go, it is like Niagra Falls. Maybe I should just get some Huggies????

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Quote:

We need diapers that will last for about three hrs for daytime on the go, dh and I hate doing diaper changes in public restrooms and at -40 F diaper changes in the car aren't an option. Around the house I do change with almost every pee be cause dd's a super soaker and gets kind of red when we let her sit in a wet diaper too long.

i suppose I could go longer now that I have more pocket diapers but I just sort of got in the habit of frequent changes duging my 100% wool phase and it just sort of seems wierd to knowingly let her sit in a wet diaper at home when I could so easily change her. It has been lots of laundry though, thank goodness dd uses the potty at home these days.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Ditto on the coverless=more changes deal. I have been letting him go coverless lately and I CAN'T believe how much this guy pees. Diaper changes every hour for sure, fairly often sooner than that. But covered up and clothed, I go 2h and sometimes 3h and then he really soaks the diaper (as opposed to it getting kinda wet coverless).

·
Registered
328 Posts
Quote:

Nope, I'm a delinquent too. ;-)

I change about every 2-3 hours or so, but if he falls asleep unexpectedly, sometimes it's longer. And of course, shorter if he poops! I think it's great that people can change every 30 minutes, but with all the running I do with 3 kids, I just can't. FWIW, we've never had a diaper rash either.

-Kimberly

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FTR, I change DD every 2 hours too. But I was more imagining a huge ballooning, huge wet disposable because hey, if it can hold Niagra Falls, then you should let it.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Muggins&Doody
FTR, I change DD every 2 hours too. But I was more imagining a huge ballooning, huge wet disposable because hey, if it can hold Niagra Falls, then you should let it.
:puke
That just turned my stomach...LOL

The thought of a paper diaper bulging with gel filled crystals makes me wanna hurl!!!! Those poor kids

1 - 12 of 12 Posts