Mothering Forum banner

I don't understand "easy for Dad to use"

1K views 43 replies 42 participants last post by  turtle2who 
#1 ·
And I've even used the phrase before! I don't know ... maybe it's because I've been window shopping a lot lately trying to decide what I want to buy for new bean, but I keep seeing things like "easy for Dad, grandparents, and babysitters to use" ... what is it about Dads (and grandparents, and babysitters) that implies they aren't competent enough to change a cloth diaper?
My dh can snappi like the best of them - he can fold a kite fold in a second, snappi it on a wiggly toddler, and cover him up just about as fast as I can. The only difference is that he's not home all day changing diapers, but that doesn't mean he can't do it or that he needs "easy" diapers. And the grandparent thing really confuses me ... my parents (and my MIL - FIL didn't change anything!
) changed flats on my sister and me for the better part of 2 years ... and that was with PINS! I'm thinking they are also competent enough to put on a fitted and cover. I don't know ... maybe it's just me, but I'm thinking we need to raise the bar of expectations for dads, grandparents, and babysitters (heck, most of them can hack into large computer systems ... they should be able to also snap on a fitted and cover!), and give them a bit more credit.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #23 ·
Great responses ... I guess in some ways I'm very fortunate to have my dh willing to figure it all out with me.
I still don't get dh's that don't do diapers (my FIL has yet to change a diaper - he's gone through 2 kids and 2 grandkids and hasn't touched one yet!) ... and glad my dh isn't one of them.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzybee
I use the phrase "daddy and grandma friendly". My DH will not use anything other than my easy AIOs.
I am sorry some of you are offended by that

Don't be sad.
I may not get the need for easy for dad diapers (though your AIO's ROCK!!!), but in no way am I offended by the phrase. I've just always been baffled by it because in my sheltered world, I don't need something that's easy for them, kwim? But no offense ever taken, so please don't feel like you've offended ... keep using the phrase because from the looks of it here, there are definitely dads (and grandparents) that need the "easier" diapers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.