Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm almost 4 weeks pp and the past 3 weeks I have been feeling like this. I started out just crying alot and now I'm just really angry. Most of the time I contemplated on just packing my bags and leaving and getting a divorce. My husband is helping me the best he can but I just keep lashing out on him. I would never hurt my baby but I'm just tired of feeling this way and idk what to do

·
Premium Member
4,770 Posts
First, call you doctor or midwife and tell them how you are feeling. They should be able to point you in the right direction for help. You may need to talk to a therapist or take medication. You may also get support from other new mothers going through this. Support is key. Do you have other people to support you besides your husband? Joining a group for new parents can also be very helpful.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm so sorry you are going through this. When I was a few days PP I said to my friends and birth doula, how angry I was all the time at my DH and how justified I felt in that anger. She gamely responded "everyone hates their partner right after you give birth, everyone wants to move out and run away. Don't do it. Wait. You're hormones are going wild right now." Later on, these feelings persisted, but I could start to see that they were coming seemingly out of nowhere. I think it was an early indicator of PP Depression/Anxiety. My friend and MWs agreed that it isn't really true that everyone feels that way but they wanted me to not feel so alone in my feelings because many many women do feel that way, and much of it does come from the hormone rush. So yes, please call your doctor or mw and tell them you want the name of a support group for new moms, and or a counselor that specializes in new moms. You deserve to get the help you need to feel like you are on solid ground. My own DH and I recovered, and now laugh openly about how I had him walking on eggshells for months. (Which I have apologized for, and he gets that it wasn't me at my best.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.