Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd is 28 months. I'm tandem nursing her and my 6-month old ds. Three days ago, I started having strong feelings that I was done nursing her. I've discouraged her every time she asked to nurse, and I've cut her off after just a couple minutes each time. I'm actually feeling repulsed when she nurses and I want to go cold turkey--I just can't imagine going on like this.

It's been a high-stress time, as my MIL passed away in the last week.
Also, it's "that time" of the month. I'm not sure if that's a factor.

Have any other mamas gone through this? Does it get better? Should I stick it out, or is it fair of me to try to wean at this point? I've been so pro-tandem/extended nursing up to this point that my feelings are really suprising me. Any advice?

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
Reading the first paragraph I was about to ask if you had your period back and sure enough.... I would expect that that is the problem. Wait two weeks and see what you think then.

-Angela

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi. I definitely feel the same way just before my period (feeling repulsed, discouraging nursing sessions, and thinking of weaning). I agree with alegna...wait a week or two and see how you feel then.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Angela and APCDmama. I'll give it some time. I seem to be feeling a bit better about it today, so perhaps it's just the hormone roller coaster!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts