Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well....my cousin that I have mentioned before had her son circ'd. I talked to her about it and gave her info to read about but she did it anyway. I called to check on her a minute ago and I asked what she was doing....she said she was changing his gauze as he was crying in the background so she had to get off the phone. It makes me really sad. I hate it for the baby. I had my son circ'd and wish I hadn't, I was never given any info on it and I didn't do enough myself. I have also talked to her about not vaxing and gave her info on it. Maybe I can at least convince her not to do that...
:

Proud Mommy to Jaryn 4-16-06 :2bfbabe:

·
Registered
345 Posts
How very, very sad. I'm so sorry.

You tried and will try again, with others...

Christopher

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
you can only Fail if you don't try. You tried & that's not a failure by any means! We can't win them all and we must always remember that. On to the next one....eventually you will score. i promise.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jarynsmom06
Well....my cousin that I have mentioned before had her son circ'd. I talked to her about it and gave her info to read about but she did it anyway. I called to check on her a minute ago and I asked what she was doing....she said she was changing his gauze as he was crying in the background so she had to get off the phone. It makes me really sad. I hate it for the baby. I had my son circ'd and wish I hadn't, I was never given any info on it and I didn't do enough myself. I have also talked to her about not vaxing and gave her info on it. Maybe I can at least convince her not to do that...
:

Proud Mommy to Jaryn 4-16-06 :2bfbabe:

I don't know if this appropriate to say (??), but I hope they think about it EVERYTIME they change that boy's diaper or bath him. When I say "think", I mean-- think to themselves "Did we do the right thing when we're told it's so wrong?"

Glad you at least tried!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
You didn't fail, the babies parents failed. Failed to think, failed to recognize the truth, failed to do what was best for their child.

It's so hard to not make things really personal. You tried your best, but in the end they are the ones that have to live with the decision and explain it to their son someday.

I'm really sorry.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by coloradoalice
You didn't fail, the babies parents failed. Failed to think, failed to recognize the truth, failed to do what was best for their child.

: I am so sorry, but please don't blame yourself....we all have been there I think
s

Take care,
Tara

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the kind words. I only wish someone had talked to me about it and I would have thought more about my son. I want to cry sometimes when I change his diaper but I can't go back, I can only learn and be sure I research any decision I make when it comes to him. I went by to see her and she did say she felt bad when they brought him back from the circ. I thought to myself " well...I hope so" She is young and she had a rough labor and ended up in a c section and she was very sick afterwards. I would like to think that kept her from thinking straight plus I know how pushy docs and nurses can be sometimes and I would say she was just to scared to say no. She has been alone the whole pregnancy and she has done really good. I don't wish her anything bad, I just hope she makes better decisions. She iss breastfeeding and considering no vax since I have mentioned it. I plan on bringing that up a lot. That to me is more important than circing. But that is a personal opinion. Thank you all again for the kind words...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Awww. You did not fail. All you could do was put the information out there, which you did.
I had a friend who gave me info, and I chose to say no to Circ. So look at the big picture... If we keep informing people, we can have an impact here and there. We might not convince everyone, but any one person is an acomplishment!

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
I agree with the pps, you did not fail
You tried and did as much as you could. Best wishes with educating her about vaxing! And I want to say again that you can't fail unless you don't try (wonderful words, kldliam!). Because that's the truth!

love and peace.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.