Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We CD. My son wore nothing but CDs and he is potty learning now. My DD has also been CD. She has had horrible diaper rash off and on for the entire life. I'm talking horrendous diaper rash that will make you cringe just looking at it.

I have stripped my diaper stash over and over, switched detergents multiple times. It goes away for awhile then the rash just seems to come back again no matter what I do.

We battle this horrid rash at least once every three weeks or so.

It came back again last week and looked AWFUL. I'm talking about a bleeding rash.
:

I went and bought some G Diapers Monday. I can flush the inserts all in one flush and have been saving them to flush after one of us uses the toilet. I still have to wash my DS's diaps so I can just put the covers in with his diapers.

Her rash is almost completely GONE after just three days in the G Diapers. It usually takes me about two weeks to get it cleared up.

I feel so guilty for using sposies. I just can't stand for her poor little bottom to stay so broken out anymore though.

·
Registered
769 Posts
The way I figure it, sposies are like c-sections- sometimes necessary, but used way too often. I'd feel guilty I didn't switch sooner- diaper rashes suck. Anyways, g-diapers are better that regular sposies, and you get to flush the pee/poo to the sewer where it belongs.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by maygee View Post
The way I figure it, sposies are like c-sections- sometimes necessary, but used way too often. I'd feel guilty I didn't switch sooner- diaper rashes suck. Anyways, g-diapers are better that regular sposies, and you get to flush the pee/poo to the sewer where it belongs.
: Yeah I'm feeling guilty about that too. I wish I had tried them sooner.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Don't feel guilty. You are doing the very best for her that you know. And you tried something new, found it to be better and are doing it now. You learn better, you do better. That's the very best she can ask for in a mother.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
You've done what you needed to do to help your child. A few disposable diapers are worth a healthy kid, in my opinion. (And we're planning on EC'ing, so I'm not exactly the disposable spokesperson.)

·
Registered
769 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by maygee View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalenandEllasmomma View Post
: Yeah I'm feeling guilty about that too. I wish I had tried them sooner.
I'm sorry I phrased it that way- you really have no reason to feel guilty- all we can do is try our best, and it's obvious you have your childrens' (and the world's) best interests at heart. So happy you found a solution!

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
I switched to sposies at night or long trips after constant battles with rashes. During the day I could change her super often but at night any wetness lead to rashes and she was allergic to like fleece or stay dry fabrics. I even had to go to like huggies and such as ones like tushes or 7th deneration (G diapers didn;t exist) also gave her rashes.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
No guilt! The health of her bum is more important than what covers it!

I don't really know about stripping, so maybe it would take care of this, but is it possible that it's yeast? One of my boys used to get rashy like that to the point that it would bleed and scab over. We found out it was yeast but by that point we needed something from the pediatrician. Anyway, I don't know if stripping would take care of the yeast or maybe strip and treat her bottom for yeast? Good luck with whatever you do. I'm glad it cleared up. I felt so sad when I would change him with a bleeding bottom.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Molly, I agree with the others that you should try not to beat yourself up about this. You're a great mama and you totally have your hands full over there! Something has to give!

Also, I agree with the others--a recurring diaper rash is usually yeast. We just took DS2 to his 2 mo check today and he has a bit of a rash. Doc recommended OTC miconazole (Monistat) or OTC lotrimin. I have used monistat on rashes (briefly) before and it worked. Worth a try, maybe?

And it would make sense that the rash seems to clear up with sposies, since they wick away moisture more than CDs do and yeast thrives in a warm, damp environment...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.