Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I wish I could see a little belly bulge!

This is preg #3 and I really expected to be a bit puffy around the middle by now. Anybody else not showing at all?

With #2 I think I "popped" earlier than with #1 - but my memory is so bad.

I had a U/S at 9w3d and the baby was measuring right about that size so I'm not too concerned, but...
the Dr. couldn't hear the heartbeat with his doppler - that's why he did the U/S - but he said he could see the heart beating.... but I couldn't see the baby moving around - hopefully "he" was just "sleeping"....

I'm just worried something is going to go wrong/be wrong with the baby. It's been difficult for me to adjust to this pregnancy and I really don't want to have to go through a loss or the pain of having to deal with any "abnormalities"--- It's just been so tough already changing all our family plans and oh, well, nobody's going to want to read my complaining... sorry

Lets just look forward to the second trimester, thank goodness my morning sickness has already vanished and I just really want to hear the OK - that everything is normal at our 20wk U/S...(ok, that's a few months away, but I need to look forward to things!)

· Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After I started this thread I saw the thread about "I'm not showing yet" -- I guess I was just reading about so many other moms who are already wearing maternity clothes (at 8wks!!!) and feeling their baby move at 10wks and I was starting to wonder what my little bean was up too!
This is preg #3 I should be a bit more laid back I guess.
Nice to know I'm not the only one waiting to "pop"!

· Registered
198 Posts
I hear you about the concern. I think it's perfectly normal to worry about the health of our babies at some point or another. I had little fears with Ella and now with this one at times, but am grateful that they weren't persistent or all-consuming.

I've got a belly, but I did before I was pregnant! I'm guessing that you're pretty slender or small-framed. I've actually worried a bit because I haven't gained much if any weight yet. Last pregnancy i'd put on 25 lbs by this point, I think! I should just be grateful!

Hope you're adjusting and feeling better.

· Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Susanne! I am feeling better - about everything!
I'm on the slender side but I've been putting on a few pounds due to the stress of our cross-country move 2 months ago - but really just 5 lbs of so - I'm hoping I don't gain too much but I always just let my body dictate what I eat - Luckily it seems to come off after the baby. Ok, well it usually takes me about a year to lose all the baby fat but that's cause I don't like to "diet".

Oh... I can't wait to feel this baby kicking! its always so comforting!!!

· Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha! Zonapelllucida! You're too funny! Thanks for sharing the belly pic! Maybe I'll get around to taking one someday - if I only felt there was much to see!
Althought, last night I think I got a bit bigger - really just overnight, but then again maybe I just ate a lot for dinner!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.