Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, picking blackberries, lost my footing and bellyflopped on the ground.

I was very freaked out but recall that I fell on my first baby too -- and generally the doctors (that time) at emergency "poo pooed" it and told me that there is lots and lots of cushioning in there and it wasn't so easy to cause a miscarriage.

So last night I was pretty calm, even though I had a huge hormone surge (felt really nauseated, boobs really hurting) and I curled up in bed and rested. Today I am still worried. I have no particular reason to worry. NOt losing fluid, not cramping. Someone tell me everything is fine or whatever else you might know...

·
Registered
474 Posts
For a brief moment in my pregnancy with DD I forgot I was pregnant and did a BELLY FLOP on my bed. I was about 16-18-ish weeks! Nothing happened, everything was fine...but gosh did I feel stupid!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
My SIL fell - her foot slipped off the running board of her SUV and she landed with her belly on the floorboard of the car - like her belly caught her, and she was about 25 weeks, huge belly. It was super scary and she went to the ER and they did an ultrasound, and all was absolutely fine.

Your body really is made to protect that babe from such injury. Hope all is well!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nothing to report. My mother told me about women in the 1950s who got pregnant "out of wedlock" and tried to abort by getting punched in the stomach or throwing themselves down the stairs. Yikes. Apparently it didn't work.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm sorry you're so worried....
But trust me momma, you would have to fall and it be excruciatingly painful to you for there to even be a remote chance of it hurting the baby. Mother Nature is very mindful of protecting a nurturing life....

·
Registered
16,500 Posts
Yup, it's no problem. Bean probably just though you were taking hir for a ride, if s/he noticed anything at all.

Especially this early on, the uterus is still primarily cradled in your pelvic basin, so in order to cause trauma to it, you'd have to be really, really hurt.

Sorry for the scare, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.