Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got really scared my water broke. I was sitting still on the couch then I felt a pop in my belly. I was scare to stand up at first since I was anticipating a gush. Well no gush at all. I got my Doppler out to make sure everything was ok and LO's heart rate was pretty high. It was in the 140's the last few weeks but right now it's in the 160's. Should I be worried?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
<span>I had that with my ds cameron only it felt more like being stabbed (ouch) just under my bump and i was stood up and mine did gush.<br>
as for hb from what i've read (could be wrong though) the normal heart rate for a baby still in the womb is between 120-160 and as long it's not too much above or below these 2 it should be fine, i think its more of a worry if hr is 100bpm or below or 180bpm or above but as i said i could be wrong. If you are really worried call your mw.</span>

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. movement is fine. And the hr in the 140's was per my OBs doppler and I know it varies from doppler to doppler. With mine LO is always in the mid 130's and right now its in high 150's-low 160's. I was just a little concerned because I know hr is supposed to actually slow down a bit the closer to term/delivery you are and instead this is much faster than what it was a couple days ago. I dont think its anything major but if movement decreases I will def call my ob.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I've heard pops from my LO when my intestines get kicked. I have no idea how it affects heart rate because I only hear the hb at prenatal check-ups.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
I actually heard a POP when my water broke with my oldest as well. Are you leaking maybe?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
It's possible that your LO's heartrate was responding to your reaction to the pop-if you had a little adrenaline rush that could bump up her heartrate for a little while.<br><br>
160's is still considered normal, even if it's on the higher side. As long as her movement is good, I wouldn't worry unless it was going into the 180's and staying there.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I was thinking startled baby heart rate too. Consider that a real possibility. I'm sure you jumped and your heart rate went up when that noise happened...why not Baby? Check it later when things have calmed down a little. Still within the range of "normal" so I wouldn't stress.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the suggestions everyone. I wasnt really started by it. I mean sure it caught me off guard but I made a point to check my own heart rate to see if it was elevated and it wasnt. I was calm, but ill check later on this evening.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts