Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is as horrifying for me as was the extreme chunks of hair hairloss that I experienced for nearly 3 months straight. The regrowth, omygosh. It's driving me insane!!!

SO! I found something that works! I'm a put-your-hair-up girl most of the time, and the little wisps sitcking out everywhere drove me bonkers and made me sad. I tried different haircuts, headbands, everything. Then I went and bought some new hair styling products...my hair is naturally wavy and thick, so I picked up some of the John Frieda Frizz Ease line...the aerosol hairspray (I hate buying aerosol, hate hate hate it, but its claims lured me in) is FANTASTIC at keeping the hair smooth with the rest of your hair, worn up or down. It doesn't get gunky or sticky and it resisits humidity. Even on day 3 (I shampoo every 2 or 3 days) it's not gross looking. I have had to touch it up in the morning, but other than that, I look not stupid again!

Thought I'd pass this along if anyone was having similar woes.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I wish I had wavy and thick hair...I have straight, thin, do nothing-with-it hair. It totally sucks. I love hot hair and am jealous of anyone with lots of it!

·
Registered
31 Posts
everyone always wishes for some one elses hair...lol...i know i do sometimes...i have that super think ringlet CURLS. NOT FUN...but i do have to say i wont want totally straight hair because you cant ever do anything with it...so what do you do?? you dont like you hair but if you knew what the other person when through with their hair day in and day out you wouldnt want that either. it's a lose lose situation...
but believe me i would be one of the first n line to trade my "mop" in.
oh and thanks for the tip MrsTC. i'll have to try it sometime

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
So it's not just me! The little wispies are driving me NUTS! I have one spot in the front that is the worst - whether my hair is up or down this one spot just sticks straight out to the side. Unfortunately I have very straight, very fine hair so not sure if your solution would work for me... maybe worth a try though.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ugh. I also hate my regrowing hair. Put me down in the straight, fine, thin hair catagory as well. When my hair starts falling out this time (we're not there yet) I may just chop it all off. Otherwise I'm going to start looking like I have 80's layered hair
(no offense to anyone who still sports this very attractive style
: )

·
Registered
611 Posts
I am totally having similar woes. I could have written your post myself. I'll have to give that hairspray a try because those little wispy hairs are driving me nuts and no matter what I use they dont' stay down.

Thanks for the product tip mama!

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
I think I'm going to have to try it. I have a little mohawk on the top of my head (and the rest of my hair is halway down my back!) It looks ridiculous. I'm a shampoo every 3 days tyoe girl too, so I am always wary of styling products.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.