Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it is to get going in the morning in early pregnancy. Between the nausea (which is 80% of the time) and being tired, my hinny is dragging. Doesn't help when the kids get up super early and are bouncing around like Tigger from Winnie the Pooh!
:

I swear this is like a hangover!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluepetals View Post
Totally..it's like being hungover every day of the week. Blech.
Yes it is! And for me, when I am not nauseous, I am craving all sorts of gross, bad-for-you foods, so the hangover comparison is pretty dead on!

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
When I was pg with dd and working full time, getting ready for work was the most horrific thing ever (I was late every single day!). I'd get up and go to the bathroom. Lie down on the floor for 15 minutes. Sit up and brush my hair. Lie down on the floor for 15 minutes. Take a shower. Lie down on the floor for 30 minutes. I would actually get out of breath while taking a shower (I get exhausted very, very easily in the first trimester). It was awful.

Now I'm a SAHM, and I can't decide which is worse. The demands at work were harder, but at least I could escape to the bathroom for 30 minutes and be totally alone. Now the demands on me are less intense, but they are constant throughout the day -- there are no breaks (dd just stopped napping
). In the morning, I give dd some books and toys and then go lie down again until she starts complaining
. Then I drag us into the kitchen and fight back the nausea while making her breakfast and trying to choke down some food myself.

I feel so whiney, but I cannot wait for the first trimester to be over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.