Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I think I found a few preschool, one is montessori, and the other one is a preschool coop. I guess i was not prepared for that charge....What is the normal going rate for preschool?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I can tell you the prices here but prices will vary for the type of program, length of school day, age of child and cost of living in the area.<br><br>
Two Full Days<br>
$505.00<br>
$500.00<br>
$475.00<br><br>
Two Half Days<br>
$410.00<br>
$405.00<br>
$390.00<br><br>
Full Day 7:00am - 5:00pm or 8:00am - 6:00pm<br>
Half Day 8:00am - 12:00pm Monday-Friday<br>
New: Afternoon - 1:30pm - 5:30pm<br><br>
The prices above are from my son's school which is a NAEYC accredited program. The school also provides breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
I agree that it varies wildly based on where you are and what kind of program it is. DD's school is from 1-4:30. You can choose how many days you go, but for two/week it would be around $300/month, I think.<br>
-e

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
It really depends on your area.<br>
if you take a 20 minute drive in either direction of me prices go up and down by about 10 per day.<br>
Maybe ask in FYT

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
$2400.00 a year for two days a week, 9 months of the year. It is considered full day but the day ends at 3pm, a half day is lunchtime. You bring all the food for the child. That seems to be the around the going rate for my rural area.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Most church preschools in my area are about $250-300/month for 5-6 hours per week.<br><br>
My son's private preschool is $400/month for 2 days a week, 8am-12pm. Full days (6:30am-6pm) 2 days a week is $500/month.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
DS's old preschool, which was less costly than many others in my area, charged $250 for 2 half-days (3.5 hours) per week.

·
Registered
488 Posts
For two 2.5 hour days a week, I will be paying $175/month for my youngest next year. It is for a peer spot in the town intergrated pre-school.

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
DS goes to a church-sponsored preschool 3 hours/day, 2 days/week. It's $115/month.

·
Premium Member
12,445 Posts
In our area, I'd say it would be $150-$200 a month for a 2/3 day a week preschool program (2 1/2 - 3 hours long) and about $100 for a co-op. Daycare is considerably more expensive, probably $750 - $850 a month for full time.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Thought I could find it, but dd's preschool's website is being reconfigured and they seem to have removed the prices.<br><br>
Full time is $1185/mo. that's 5 days a week, 7:30 - 5:30 (if needed; the bell rings for organized activities at 9 AM; we're more like 8:45 - 4:30). There are less expensive places, and a few that are more expensive. It's Reggio based pre-K and it's just been the one year.<br><br>
Dd2's homebased care (with a little bit of a preschool spin) would be $850/mo, for five days/week (when she's older; more expensive now).<br><br>
Best thing for you to do is to investigate as many options as you can, in your area, to get a feel for the range.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
We have a terrific church based pre school. For 2 days a week 9:30-1:30 it was $150/month<br>
This year she's in 3 days a week. 9:30-1:30 $200/month

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
DD's preschool is $32 a day (8:45-3:15). The Waldorf preschool is almost twice that for the same amount of hours--the program is half day, but they have afternoon care too.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Montessori here for 3 days a week (m/t/w) is $95/week. There is another montessori a little farther away that has a 2 day program (t/th that is the same price.<br><br>
Right now though, we just do a homeschool co-op 1 day a week, and its free b/c we run it ourselves and each mom just prepares one activity for the group to contribute, so usually its about 3 kids, 3-6 activites, for 4-5 hours. A lot of play time mixed in with the activites though! We do a different theme every month or so, based on whatever the kids seem to be interested in at the time.

·
Registered
754 Posts
DD's preschool is a private, in-home preschool. She goes 2 afternoons/week from 1:00-3:30. We pay $75/month and snack is provided.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
As others have said, this will vary widely by area. Our local co-op charges $90/month for 4 afternoons/week (2.5 hour days).<br><br>
My son attends a Reggio-Emilia-based program that is put on by the public school system (but is not "public," inasmuch as you have to pay tuition) and we pay $180/month for 5 afternoons/week (3 hour days).<br><br>
There's a Montessori school in the area, and it charges considerably more than either of these programs (though I forget how much, now).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts