Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mamas,

I never post over here. I'm always healthy so this would be my first health concern in years. I found a lump, and I have had pain in my breast, that comes and goes. I don't have a period anymore, so it can't be premenstrual symptoms.

What do I do next? I have medicare/state med insurance, and I am still looking for a doctor to make an appointment with. This certainly has caused me to move faster.

Also, I'm a single mother to three kids I adopted from India. I can't have cancer.

Jyotsna

· Premium Member
9,239 Posts

When I found a lump I saw an ob/gyn. If you have a primary care physician list I'd pick someone and go. It's much more likely this is something benign than cancer but you do want to know fast.

· Registered
309 Posts
I know that's scary.
Many states run free or low-cost mammogram screenings as well. I'd look for those, as well as continue to search for either GYN or primary care physician to make an appointment with.

Hang in there. Breast pain often has NOTHING to do with cancer. Same with lumps. But you're doing the right thing by seeking diagnosis/treatment now. Best wishes.

· Registered
1,341 Posts

· Registered
7,395 Posts
Please find a way to get to a doctor ASAP. Most likely, it is nothing. But on the off chance it is, it is in your best interests to move as quickly as possible. Don't talk yourself into thinking this can wait. If nothing else, getting it checked out will give you peace of mind.

I'm a breast cancer survivor and also an adoptive mother. I'll be thinking of you.

· Premium Member
9,385 Posts
I found a lump a few years ago. It was one of the scariest things I've ever been through. It turned out to be benign, and chances are, yours will too. But I wouldn't delay on looking for a doctor-- go see a primary care physician or an ob/gyn, and they'll refer you to whatever tests and care you turn out to need.

Best of luck for this turning out to be nothing! I will be thinking of you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.