Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had terrible nightmares last night and combine that with being 18+ weeks and not feeling the baby anymore(was feeling baby a few weeks back)
I started hysterical crying
I called my OB and they said come right in. I went in and I know tuesdays they dont have a sono tech so I was hoping to hear Baby on a doppler BUT instead my OB did his best and worked the sono machine. He hugged me and said he wanted to show me that my baby was great and he said anytime I feel the urge to hear the baby or see it to come in and he will help me.. I actually cried. He then said he knew that this pregnancy would be very tough on me and said that I am completely normal and thats why they
are there to help me and talk to me about my feelings and concerns. All of the people in his office are AMAZING and I just adore my DR.

So even though I cant feel this baby he/she is punching me and kicking and rolling all over his/her Mamas uterus the babys HB was 157.
I knew I had an anterior placenta but i keep reading how alot of mamas feel baby by 18ish weeks... My Dr said it may be a good few weeks till I feel good movements so I am considering getting a doppler if anyone knows of a good brand??

·
Registered
913 Posts
ddc crashing, but I may end up birthing in July, so hopefully you don't mind!
My doppler has brought me sanity every since my losses. I bought the hi-bebe doppler without the digital readout (I was told that they weren't necessarily reliable anyway, and it was much cheaper). It has done an awesome job, and any time I feel anxious (esp. before I feel baby moving a lot), I pull it out to listen for a few seconds and I don't have to stay in panic mode!

I had an anterior placenta with #3 and I'm pretty sure I do again this time. It makes a HUGE difference in how much movement I feel. I dislike having it anterior because of that. But I am so glad that I have my doppler because the peace of mind is so worth it.

What amazing Drs you have!!
I was so touched to see how well they reassured you.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I have an anterior placenta, too, and it really is remarkable how much less I'm feeling this baby.

And I totally hear you about your doctor. I have a perinatologist as my only OB (she needs to see me every few weeks, anyway, so no reason to have two OBs), and she's wonderful. She's told me the same thing, that any time I'm feeling unsure about something, or have any concerns whatsoever, to just call and come in. It's very nice to be so well taken care of after losses, isn't it?

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
I'm seconding the hi-bebe doppler but I do have the digital readout. I was able to detect the baby's HB at 13 weeks and it works great for us. Sounds like you have an awesome doctor, yay for you! It is SO hard to find a good ones these days.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Oh hon I'm so glad everything is ok and your doctor is so supportive

Thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have the hi bebe doppler as well. I found the hb at 10 weeks, before my anterior placenta got too big. Then I couldn't hear it for a few weeks but I tried last week (17 weeks) and had no problem finding it. I check the hb about every other week since it's anterior and I can't feel much happening. As for movement, it really is shocking how different it is with an anterior placenta. It's kind of a bummer really.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you all for your kind words and I am off to order a hi-bebe doppler ... Its going to be a long few weeks with no movement and this far along

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
I have had so many freakouts this pregnancy too! I am so happy to have the doppler. I know it seems extreme to some, but after losses it's such a reassuring thing to be able to check when you are feeling shakey. When pg with DD I would have never thought to have a doppler, but now...I know I would be calling the doctor every week without it!

Doesn't stop me from wanting to feel movement, but it calms me enough to get through!

I'm so happy you have such a good doctor. My doctor is very good in that way too...it makes a world of difference!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.