Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting further and further behind in my housework, and since I'm a SAHM, that really bugs me. I'm a bit of a neat freak, so as my house got dirtier bit by bit, it was REALLY getting to me! So, I finally broke down and got a maid! She's only coming once a week, but I feel SOOOOOO much better already!
She can do things like scrub the shower and vacuum (my back is so bad that I can't vacuum any more) and scrub the nooks and crannies in my kitchen. My bathrooms are sanitized, and my tub and shower are GLEAMING! Not only that, but just her coming inspired me to pick up a bunch of stuff. Now I'm exhausted from cleaning up all day, but my house is nicer looking than I've been able to get it in weeks! Yay!

· Registered
2,138 Posts
Oh man. I am uber jealous. I am not a scrubber in the best of times, so bathrooms and floors have been sorely neglected lately.

· Registered
153 Posts
Awesome! We got a cleaning lady when my first born was six months old and it was one of the best things we ever did! The peace of mind she provides is priceless. We currently have her come every other week, but once the new baby arrives she will be back to the regular once a week schedule. In a perfect world I would have her come twice a week!

· Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm actually debating once a week or once every other week, but for now I think I'll stick to once a week. I have been sacrificing things a lot lately to save money, and this seems like just the right place to spend it instead.

· Registered
2,392 Posts
I'm very jealous!

A friend of mine just gave me a referral to the woman who cleans for her, but I just can't justify it yet. I did it for a few months at our last home in the months before we moved (so I could focus on decluttering and packing before we listed our house) and it was GREAT! They only came 2x/month and even that was a huge relief.

I may get someone to come every week or two after DH goes back to work when this babe is born. And maybe a couple of times just to help me deep clean in March before the babe is due....we'll see. I feel guilty about it right now because I am here most days, just not very motivated

Congrats on getting someone though! yay for clean nooks and crannies!

· Registered
60 Posts
Congrats!

I'm planning to do the same once LO arrives. I'm a clean freak and it's already getting harder for me to get things the way I like them. I'll be a WAHM, so I know I'll be too busy to keep up with the housework. Like PP said, 2x/month ought to do it for us!

· Premium Member
1,595 Posts
My cleaning lady is the best thing that was ever given to me. She comes every other week, and she's fabulous. I hired her extra for a day to help me re-organize my upstairs bedrooms to make room for the baby's stuff. Today I came home to discover that she had organized the pile of crap that had accumulated on my dining room table. My 2yo DS likes to help her mop and vacuum. It's fabulous.

Totally worth the money, IMO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.