Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know a bunch of us ordered at the same time...

Here's my comments (I hope it's okay to make these public, Steph!)

1. That's a hefty diaper! It fits surprisingly trim for how solid this diaper is. That's a LOT of hemp!!! And the soakers are good sized! I think she could pee a gallon!

2. I'm nervous about the fabric edges holding up in the wash. It is overlocked , not serged, and I'm really curious, because I've never had anything but serged or t&t. I'll get back with ya on that! It's not fraying now, but I'm a worrywart hehe.

3. Edited: I talked to Steph and she explained that one to me! One of the diapers was pretty different from the others, but now I know why

4. Libby has a short rise, so this is a good bikini cut diaper for her... I'm curious how it will work on kids with more average/long rises?

Here's my pics:
Schnoogly Pics

Kimberly

P.S. I added a link above to what an overlock stitch looks like if you're curious.... my machine says overlock, some say overedge?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Just so you know...the woven edge will fray a little in the wash. You might want to trim the excess threads a little after the first wash or two, and after that it won't fray. I've been using the overlock dipes on my DS for a year and haven't had any problems (however, I have ordered a serger so all future diapers will be serged!)

Steph

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm glad you popped in Steph! I was hoping you would! Not a prob on the overlock.... that's good to know that I should expect some initial fraying.... but it will all work itself out!

Dh loves the sushi diaper...

I can't wait to see these on other kids.... I like trying new wahm's!

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I got mine today too. Unfortunately, I ordered a medium for the new babe, so won't be able to try it for a while. (I got the same stripe fabric as you, Kimberly.) I do think it looks very absorbent, but I got a side snap and didn't think it looked particularly bikini-cut.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, everything looks bikini cut on my belly girl... as you can tell, the back is very full cut.... everything sort of slides to the back and under her belly

I do think this one is MORE bikini cut than some of our others.

I can't wait for a mom of boys to get one and try it out
Or a mom of a non-bellied girl
(Libby's belly circumference is 7" more than her waist)

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Nice diapers, Libby!

I got a newborn Tie-Dye fitted in the mail today! It is sooooooo cute! I was worried about fraying, too...it looks like it will. I'm happy to know what to do. The fabric is really soft and squishy, and the colors are vibrant and beautiful!

Thanks, Steph!

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
oh yea! i can't wait- that means fluffy mail is on its way soon! although with the beccabottoms order, i'm thinking i am so cut off it may just hurt! i know i got baby moods, but can't remember what else. i love the little surprises

the fit looks great - dd's belly will pop out nicely

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Very cute! I can't ait to get the one I ordered. The fit looks great.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I got mine today and came in to see what other mamas thought about the non-serged edge. I'm relieved.

I don't have a picture of my boy in his diaper, AND I just did diaper laundry last night. You'll have to wait until the weekend or later to hear a report.

Our schnoogly diaper is the indigo stripe fabric with a cotton/sherpa inner sewn in the back only and is side-snapping. I'm excited to try it on ds.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
We just got our first - it is a side snapping. I am sad to say this is the only medium diaper I have seen that is too small for DD. I am glad I haven't washed it yet. There is no way that thing is going snap around her legs.
Off to email Steph.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts