Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay...I know we have some bellabottoms fans on here so I am excited to share this....I emailed Faith and asked her if she had even considered using velour or bamboo or something like that to make her fitteds with....I LOVE her OS fitteds and thought it would be awesome to get some made out of a nice cushy fabric like that.....it peaked her interest so she ended up buying some bamboo fabric and custom making me some! She made me a few that are all bamboo and a few that are hemp jersey knit on the outside and bamboo on the inside plus, she made me some of her doublers in bamboo too. I got them yesterday and haven't used them since they need to be washed up (doing that today) but they are sooooo soft and cushy and I am just in LOVE so far! I'm eager to see how they perform. They are a tad thicker than her regular fitteds but so cushy and nice feeling!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm...I don't remember exactly but I think the bamboo dipes were like $13-$14 per dipe and the ones with the hemp jersey outers/bamboo inners were $11 or so....I might be off a bit there but that has to be close....the doublers were $2.50 or $3 a piece I think. It's still quite a bit cheaper than most bamboo dipes I see out there, plus they are OS which makes them fit longer...so I was pleased with the price.....I LOVE her dipes...they fit my son soooo great and this bamboo is soooo darn soft and cushy....makes me wish I had to wear dipes too! lol

I'll let you know how well they work for my son...I'm washing them now so we should start using them by this afternoon....I assume I will need to wash and dry them a few times before max absorbancy is reached but I think she prewashed the fabric so I'm going to give them a shot after washing and drying them twice.

I usually use her hemp ones or the white cotton terry ones with the hemp doublers and they work really well for us so I think the bamboo should work nicely too.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Those sound like yummy diapers...I have her terry OS fitteds and they fit my ds better than the small fuzzibunz which are still loose around his legs. Even when he hadn't reached 8 lb yet he fit into them on the smallest setting.

Next time I have an excuse to get more dipes I might give these bamboo ones a spin

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay...after using these for a couple days now...I have to say they are GREAT! And since they are a tad thicker than her usual dipes...they are even more absorbant....I LOVE them! I will definitely try to get more from Faith....the doublers are awesome too

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sure....he's a pic! http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...amboodipec.jpg

It's kind of hard to see the detail since they are a pale color but they are so nice and soft....I really, REALLY love them so far!

The all bamboo ones are a tad thicker than the ones with the hemp jersey outers....but not enough for that to be a deciding factor in what to buy I don't think. I'm not sure yet which ones I like best...they are both great! I am leaning toward the all bamboo ones and at this point, I THINK I would buy more of those than the hemp outers but I would still get some with the hemp outers too.....My son has actually gone coverless all day today in both types so as of now, they are working equally as good (we are using the bamboo doublers inside the fitteds)....I love how cushy the all bamboo ones are but the ones with the hemp outers are a few dollars cheaper and are working just as well so far....I want to wash and dry them a few more times though just to decide which ones I like best.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
885 Posts
I forgot to come back and post! I got some last week too and they are amazing! I got one that was all bamboo and one with the hemp outer and bamboo inner. I also got 2 bamboo doublers. They are sooo yummy soft and very absorbant. I can use them overnight with a wool soaker and have no leaks! I can't wait to get more, but I have to wait at least a week before payday.

ETA - I also love the fact that they are a OS dipe, so we will get lots of use out of them. That really makes up for the cost, although they are really not that expensive to begin with. I am planning to try one on my 23 lb 2 yr old DD and see how it works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts