Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yippee!! Has anyone read Getting Things Done, by David Allen??<br><br>
So - he says you need to get everything down on paper. Everything. All of those darn things floating around your brain. He also says you need to go through all of your junk to get all of those things down, so you don't have any thing to worry about - because its already all down on one of your lists.<br><br>
So, I gathered up 4 clothes baskets worth of piles of papers, and went through them all, piece by piece. Dealing with each paper as it came. Then you write down the very next action to getting that thing done. Then decide if it can be done in less than two minutes - if so, do it.<br><br>
Anyways I went through it all! Yay - there aren't any piles of papers in my house. That is a *first*.<br><br>
Now to maintain...

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Conquering the paper beast is a HUGE accomplishment! 4 clothes baskets is a huge amount, too -- way to go! How good does it feel to not have that in the back of your mind?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I'm so glad to have done it - I have *always* had stacks of paper around....<br><br>
I went through it over the course of a week - it didn't really take as long as I thought it would. There is, of course, still a lot to do, but it is all put away!<br><br>
Has anyone read the book? It't not written very clearly, and I have some questions!

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Paper... ugh. That's something I really should tackle soon. It's amazing how fast it can pile up.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Congrats! That's a lot of paper!<br><br>
...David Allen's book is full of wisdom. I only wish I could actually hire him to help me set up a system...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts