Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would be really sad about DS weaning, but really I'm not. I guess maybe I would be more sad if I was without another nursling. I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo happy! He hasn't nursed in over a week. Was going 2-3day stretches before that and only nursing 30seconds (yes, seconds) at a time.

So, how long did your DC go without nursing before you felt they were officially "weaned"???

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
For me, it was over a month before it really hit me that DD had weaned. I didn't quite make it to a year of tandem nursing, and I was quite happy when she weaned.

What's interesting to me now is that since she weaned, it's suddenly become almost shocking to see a 3yo child nursing. Not that I think it's weird, it's just so different from what *my* 3yo is doing. I can't imagine nursing her now, she just seems so HUGE!

·
Registered
677 Posts
My five year old went four weeks one time a couple of months ago between nursings and I really thought he would be done, but then he nursed again...I did just "wean" him a couple of weeks a go, but basically it was a conversation where I said I need to be done (he hadn't nursed in two weeks) and he said ok.

I tandem nursed for 21 months though, and it is so exciting to be only nursing one now!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts