Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the WAHM to NOT put pail-pals in my stuff. The things are sooooooo syrup-y sweet that they make me feel like I'm going to puke. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe it's because I'm pregnant, I don't know, but it's really getting to me. I got a package yesterday, and the dipe still smelled icky after I washed it. There's one hidden somewhere on this disaster-area of a desk, and I'm getting a headache...and I can't find it!!! ARGH!

Please tell me I'm not the only pail-pal hater.

·
Registered
800 Posts
You and me both! I'm not pregnant, and those things make me want to gag, puke, whatever.

I can't stand them at all. I don't like heavy scents at all, but those are far worse than anything that could possibly be in the diaper pail!

Holli

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I don't like them either...luckily I've only gotten 1 as a freebie

·
Registered
2,431 Posts

I am not pregnant,
but I can't stand smelly stuff in my diaper packages...especially that pail pal scent. Especially now that it is getting hot and the dipe has time to wallow in the heat with the pail pal.

It is so sweet for WAHMs to include freebies, and I am truly greatful for their throughtfulness...but it's hard to get my dh to appreciate my new fluff when he just keeps saying "ummm...what's that smell?"

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
You're not the only one. The first couple I got..I was like, hmm...not bad. But after the next couple I just got sick of the smell. Yucko!

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
I got a couple with orders last summer and when we went on a trip I used one in the wet bag w/ dirty diapers (I figured it would help because we were in a hotel and couldnt wash for 4 days) and it stained a brand new Firefly

I was sooooo pissed! Since then I hate the things!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hmm, I got one yesterday and it was refreshing to get such a nicely scented package! However I can see how it would get old (for those of you addicted to fluffy mail, heehee!)
I miss the old deodiscs - i love that smell. The new pailpals smells too much like potpourri - not something I relate to diapers.
Can anyone replicate the old deo-disc smell?? It's memory filled for me (reminds me of when my now 14 yr old got his diapers from the diaper service!)

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
: I like Pail Pals (don't flame me!)
: I have a few in the diaper cubbies above my changing table and I like the fresh smell in that area. But maybe that's because 2 of my daycare boys have KILLER poop- the smell permeates the entire downstairs and lingers after the diaper is out of the house. :puke Honestly, you can smell a poopy diaper on them 4 feet away, I have to hold my breath and I'm not usually squeamish.
It's been much nicer changing them with the Pail Pals close by!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I just got one that smells like fruity bubble-gum, I think. I almost fell over when I opened the dipe package, and that smell wafted out. Do they not make citrus deo-disks anymore? I've been out of the loop, and have been just shaking scented baking soda over the dipes. I loved my Wee Bees pail with the little area for the deo-disks, but I had to leave it behind when we moved. (By the time I was ready to load it on the truck, there was no room.
Where are these sicky-sweet disks coming from?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts