Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't really face how terrible I have been today to my dd (side note, I didn't hit, but there was grabbing, lots of yelling and bad things said). Basically, the situation was that I was putting a 15 mo to sleep and she repeatedly, defiantly continued to make that impossible (a recent ongoing struggle for us). I know her behavior was rooted in wanting my attention. I know my response was rooted in being tired, hot, frustrated, and at a lost for what to do. Sometimes I just want her to do what I say!! (deep breath). DD and I talked, both apologized, and she has moved on. I have not...I feel terrible. I need help. Can someone suggest a book/a program, something where I can rewire my brain to not loose my cool? I read and love "becoming the parent you want to be" and "you are your child's first teacher"; I have browsed "unconditional parenting" and Sear's "gentle discipline" (but I don't own either of them). I will buy and read what is recommended....I need to keep this rage under control. . . .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts