Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my oldest to the park to burn some energy and get some fresh air, and while we were there the little one decided it was time to nap so, of course, sleep = nee nees and cuddles. So, I went ahead and nursed him. While I was sitting there a woman walks up and pats me on the back. She leans down to me and says, "I'm so proud of you. Good job, mama." It brought tears to my eyes.<br>
I'm a PNP and CLC, and I tell mamas all the time how nursing is normal and natural and we shouldn't be ashamed to do it in public. I have never NOT nursed because we were out and about somewhere, and I don't feel bad if someone gets offended. But, there was something about the validation of another mama telling me that I was doing a good thing that made me feel so good and so proud.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
That is fabulous!<br><br>
It is not exactly public, but in the BRU "mother's room" yesterday we had 3 mamas - one with a 2 week old, one with a 2 month old, and my 5 month old. It was very sweet to nurse with other mamas and chat

·
Registered
620 Posts
Awesome! I have gotten a couple of wonderful comments about babywearing lately, but no BFing ones yet, just glares, lol. Go go nursing in public!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
That's the best! I am so glad that happened to you!!!<br><br>
I had a similar experience once, and I have never forgotten it. My oldest was two months old and we were moving across the country. In the airport I searched out a quiet spot to nurse my DD. (This was before I got bold enough to whip out the boob anywhere and everywhere). As I was nursing an older woman came up to me and told me what a great job I was doing and how important BFing is and what a good mother I was.<br><br>
Oh! It still brings tears to my eyes now.<br><br>
Just goes to show there ARE plenty of women out there, of childbearing ages and other ages, who understand and appreciate the gift of BFing. Just think of all the people out there who think good thoughts when they see a woman BFing but they don't go up to them and say anything. I guess I'm one of them - maybe sometime *I* should walk up to a BFing mom and tell her how great she is!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts