Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read my medical records and found out i had it as a baby, they treated it with some antibiotic.....can't tell what it was since the dr has terrible writing!!

btw, that is a huge pet peeve of mine! i can't read like 5 yrs of my medical records because of bad handwriting.

I also found the record of my chicken pox at 5yrs old

sadly, i also saw i had all my vax's and lots of antibiotics. Alot as a newborn
i had reflux, respritory problems (and yet was vaxed while sick!!
: ), mum only bf for 6 weeks because i was admitted to hospital and tube fed with formula and reflux meds.

I wonder if i can blame all my cavitys on the antibiotics.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tottaly OT to the orignal part, but reading further, before the age of 3, i had a busy nosy life..........i drunk dog shampoo, swallowed a nail, and got a "foreign object" stuck in my eye.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yup, it showed up on x-ray in my gut
now THATS healing your gut

mum and dad just had to watch the potty closely for days until i pooped it out.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
The link for Weston Price foundation :

www.westonaprice.org

His book Nutrition and Physical Degeneration is an amazing work. It changed all my views on eating nutrient dense foods to heal the body including the teeth (well, that was actually his main focus). I'd check out the site above first and if you're interested you can read his book at the link below.

http://journeytoforever.org/farm_lib.../pricetoc.html

Traditional foods forum in Nutrition is full of info on nutrient dense eating. Curing cavities with nutrition is a thread in the Dental forum under Nutrition that talks about using Weston Price principles to cure your cavities through nutrient dense eating.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by romans_mum
yup, it showed up on x-ray in my gut
now THATS healing your gut

mum and dad just had to watch the potty closely for days until i pooped it out.
Oh man a friend of mine recently swallowed a nail!! She was hanging up pictures and was holding the nails in her mouth (like most of us do!) and she said she breathed in like normal and the nail flew back into her throat and she swallowed it! She was so scared but it did eventually come out on it's own
Moral of the story, don't hold nails in your mouth when hanging things up.

·
Registered
19,153 Posts
My favorite weird stuff with metal objects story:

My aunt, among many other things, was an expert seamstress. Like many sewers, she held pins in her mouth sometimes. Once I asked her about this, expressing a concern about possible dangers. She distracted me by telling me about a seamstress she had apprenticed with (probably in the 30s of the last century) who had an unusual system for holding pins. She stuck em in her bosom. Used to give her clientele the creeps until they realized that she wore very large falsies.

Deborah

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my great aunt did that, she had falsies too, she had breast cancer early in her life, back when the only treatment was a radial masectomy.

·
Registered
19,153 Posts
Talk about seeing the glass as half-full! Mastectomy is a pretty tough experience. At least her pin-cushions were right there when she needed them.

Did your great-aunt live to a ripe old age?

Deborah

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by romans_mum
tottaly OT to the orignal part, but reading further, before the age of 3, i had a busy nosy life..........i drunk dog shampoo, swallowed a nail, and got a "foreign object" stuck in my eye.

My older brother swallowed a nail (among other things) when he was about 4 yrs. The dr. did an X-ray, and there it was. My parents were told the same thing, to watch for it to come out in his poop. Apparently it did, he's fine, and has gone on to be quite healthy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts