Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 6 weeks along and started with morning sickness 2 days ago. It was pretty consistant both days, only in the morning for 1 hour. But tonight after I closed my store, I was doing a cash count and BAM! there it was. Morning/Night sickness. Is this normal? Does it come at different times every day?
This is my first child, so I do not know what to expect.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The reason it's called morning sickness is because most people have it worse on an empty stomach, which is usually in the morning because you've been sleeping all night and not eating.

That doesn't mean it's limited to morning or having an empty stomach, though. There are lots of tricks to help make it a little better. For some reason lemon juice works for me, so I usually drink lots of ice water with lemon juice. Ginger works for some people, Sea Bands on your wrist may help, not letting your stomach get empty may help, just keep trying different things and hopefully something will help you.

I wish I had m/s, but I'm only 4w6d right now, so I probably still have some time.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Mine fluctuates all day, but it is worse first thing in the morning when I am the most hungry, also worse during the day when I haven't eaten in awhile or over-tired (which will be all the time now that a normal schedule is coming at work and I will be on my feet running around all the time). Otherwise I never know when the nausea, heart-burn feeling will come...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.