Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,637 Posts
About rough nights...

For you...
(((((((((((((Breathe)))))))))))))))))

For your little boy, that he may sleep tonight, early and soundly...

(ummm, this is the sleepy dust fairy tonight. No, not the other fairy - don't get nervous, E!)

Sorry it's been so hard. Glad you reached out to vent - we can all use a good rant sometimes. And we know you love your son, lol.

· Registered
1,637 Posts
Breathe -

Thanks so much for those thoughts. I think you're on to something. I admit I read it with a combination of interest and dread, though. Mostly because I'm coming to the same place - where I'm pretty sure I need to make some changes to our lifestyle for more consistency in dd's life (she's 16 mo.).

But I don't want to do those things!!!! Waaaah!

*sigh* Okay, I got that out, lol.

I like sleeping in when she does, the long naps, (and even the accidental 6pm naps.... I LOVE to cook and eat dinner w/dh without interruption!!) and yes last night there was a potluck.

It was a friend's bday, the potluck was at 6:30, I let dd nap at 6 to have some energy for it. We went from 7:30 - 9:30, had a great time, met new friends, felt like I actually had a social life, dd got to dance.

But bedtime was a mess, and basically last night she slept from 12:40 am (
) to 5:30 when she got up with dh for a while, then again from 7:30 - 10 am.
So your post was right on time. I've got to get some more discipline. I really don't have much myself, or much consistency to our schedule pre-dd, so it's hard to do now. But it's time, I know.

Anyway, housework awaits....

mb

· Registered
1,637 Posts
Kay... Welcome to MDC by the way and
on your talented use of emoticons! :ROFLMAO Thanks for sharing - every child sure is different, I guess.

mb

p.s. My update -- things discussed earlier in the thread [putting off the early nap, and actually waking dd if she tries to take a late one] *have* been working lately. Knock wood!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.