Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
660 Posts
Please dont drive off a cliff!!! My son is about 2 1/2 months younger than yours and I have had weeks that seemed liked hell too at bedtime and night time. I liked your vent! I know that you'll get some support and good feedback.

I'll ask b/c I know someone else may...Approximately what time does he wake up in the morning

How long is his nap and around what time does he usually go down?

I realize that all kids are different and everyday is different for most kids too. It's that way at my house. And just when I think I have it figured out....you know the rest of that line. But I am wondering for my own sake here too. I've heard that the older they get the less sleep they may require.

Here's what ds's routine has been the last month or so...(some days are a little different but he ends up back on this routine usually the next day and he makes up for the lost sleep on another day w/ a longer nap or 12 hours at night)

~Falls asleep between 9pm and 10:30pm
~Awakens between 7:45am and 9:00am (the earlier he falls asleep the sooner he generally wakes up and he still wakes up at least two times a night)
~Naps start usually between 1:30pm and 3:00pm and he will generally sleep for 2 hours.

Your little guy must be really excited about life!!

H.

· Registered
660 Posts
MB and I were posting at the same time...there's no way in [email protected]!$ I could ever top those emoticons! You must be the new emotican queen! You crack me up...
:LOL

More hugs to El and to Denny (mommy with bruises).

Loving, patience vibes to the mamas and dadas. And some funny emoticons to think of when you may be about to freak at bedtime or anytime...

I guess I wont be reading by book tonight.

· Registered
660 Posts
Wohoo!
Funny how that out door stuff can really wear them out. We played in the rain today and collected rain water and he helped me do laundry and straighten up the house. He was begging to nurse by 8:30 and asleep by 8:45! We usually take a walk too but it was raining hard.

Have a great night all! BTW, I like to lay in bed and read next to ds (with the light on) after he is asleep. I cant even imagine what he will be like in a few months. I am keeping my fingers crossed though!

· Registered
660 Posts
Polyanna #1 here...just popping in to agree that the sleep times dont matter just the quality and the quantity. My ds generally does 11 hours a night too! And when he wakes up at 7:00 vs 8:00 or 9am and got only 10 or so hours he goes down at noon or sooner too.

BTW, El, the poop reference killed me! I'm the type of mom that appreciates those details. They really matter.

Happy days are here again for me too. Ds went down in 15 minutes.
Good luck to all!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.