Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
880 Posts
Oh man, have I been where you are.

I'm so sorry it's so hard.

My sleeping breakthrough with Sophie came when I wasn't the one who put her to bed. The day my dog died, dp took her in, got her all happy and cozy, put her in her crib, and left her there, and came down twenty minutes later to see how I was doing. I assumed he'd put her down to bed like he'd seen me do. Wash, jammies, singing, cuddle, sleep, on my bed.

I didn't hear her so I didn't know any different.

I didn't realize until almost an hour later he'd left her in the cot, awake. She never made a sound.

If *I* do this, all
breaks loose. If he does it, she settles down in her cot like a little

She's easier than Maeve. When Maeve was little, in desperation one night I literally restrained her. She was so tired she was screaming. She was literally hitting herself, trying to open her little eye lids. I hated bed time with Maeve. H A T E D I T.

She was 4 before she would go to sleep without me wanting to bind and gag her and lock her in a closet.

Much sympathy and no answers.....

· Banned
880 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Breathe
Moon, how do I get one of those sleeping babies, next time around?!?! Please let me know, 'cause I think asherah wants one, too!

I honestly think g*d or fate or kismet, pick one, took pity on me.

Honestly, if I'd gotten another one like Maeve, I would have ......well, I don't know. It was that bad. There are 9 years between them, what does that tell you? (j/k-circumstances, not planning)

And they are parented almost exactly the same, I was slightly more AP with Maeve, and Sophie has an older sister and didn't nurse as long...that's it, those are the differences............so it's NOT YOU.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.