Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm originally form the north, where this vile stuff does not exist. But here in TN its everywhere! Last year I dug two 4x4 squares and started a garden. Well now its grown under and up though my 12" raised beds!

So I am trying to weed it out, but its tough and I'm afraid that I'm not getting it all.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Very frustrating! My parents have this type of grass and it seems like it would take a lot of work to keep on top of it! I've cleaned it all out of their front yard before just to have it return, as in every little piece left behind sprouted a whole new thread of grief. I'd say digging and sifting it to be sure you are getting as much as you can, and then really staying on top of pulling it as it comes up so that what pops through the soil and reaches for the sunlight isn't able to fuel the roots. Gardening shouldn't be so tedious, it isn't fair as far as I'm concerned!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.