Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to LOVE them, LOVE them w/ a snappi. Now, it seems like I just can't get a good fit with them on my ds. He wiggles a ton during changes, too, which doesn't help matters at all. I guess this is why stashes are changing all the time, eh? I have been using my fitteds only but I only have enough to last 1.5 days so I will need to stock up, I guess...good thing I'm #3 at Little-Fishy!!

I used to think all of you who kept changing your stashes were crazy, but now I'm a believer!! LOL

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me. I was loving our prefolds. I could get the most perfect fit with a snappied premium and then like that, it was like I never put on a prefold before. I was so frustrated. I ended up goping up a sie to toddler and we are back in love now.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I have the wiggliest toddler!! I struggle with prefolds but have found I am in
with flats....I can get the best fit with a flat and a snappi with a trifolded infant in the middle....super trim...very fast! Maybe try those for a while?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I went through about a three month period of that. Ds was wiggle-y and I didn't have the patience to fight him so I went to fitteds and using pockets at home. Now I'm back to prefolds, often coverless, and wool. I pin using the jellyroll/sidewall fold and LOVE the fit. Glad I kept all those dyed prefolds! =D

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Oh that wiggly stage is so rough on prefold using mamas! It's the most frustrating thing in the world!!! I did the same thing, started using my fitteds most of the time. I would use prefolds at the times when I knew she wouldn't be squirmy ie. first thing in the morning, right after a nap, when she was otherwise occupied, etc. She finally settled down and we rekindled our love affair with prefolds

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Maybe try a different fold? W/ DS We just lay him on it (w/ the back folded down a bit) and trifold the front, bring it up between his legs and fan the front out a smidge and snappi it on. I can get it on faster than a pocket or any side snapping diaper we have. Whatever you do, don't sell them...you might want them later

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
When dd was at her chunkiest I hated pfs because I could not get a good fit. I waited it out and she slimmed down enough to get back to a good fit. Otherwise, like a pp mentioned, flats work well because you have more flexibility with the folds. Having a wiggly toddler though is no fun when it comes to diaper changes!

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
ITA with the above posts . . .

(1) Try a bikini twist if you haven't already
(2) Go up a size
(3) Trifold the prefold, put it in an Aplix cover, an it's almost as fast as a 'sposie

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Sorry you are having pf trouble......don't give up on them....they are great!

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizelenius
ITA with the above posts . . .

(1) Try a bikini twist if you haven't already
(2) Go up a size
(3) Trifold the prefold, put it in an Aplix cover, an it's almost as fast as a 'sposie

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We're in toddler size prefolds because my lil guy is chunky around the waist and the premiums were cutting off his circulation! LOL I don't know if I'm talented enough to do the bikini fold--when I did it before, it seemed uncomfy on *ahem* the family jewels. I usually do that trifold in the front, but he wiggles so much, it ends up looking like some kind of funky loin cloth. I'll hold onto them, but in the meantime, I'll be doing lots of diaper laundry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.