Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three times today I've had people tell me I don't look pregnant.

SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!

Yes, I know I'm fat. Yes, I know I'm REALLY FAT.

But, saying one time that you didn't 'notice' or 'couldn't tell' I was pregnant is enough. Don't go on about how I just don't look pregnant... you had no idea!

I am 40 weeks pregnant. My baby is DUE TOMORROW. This means that my hormones are OUT OF FREAKING CONTROL and telling me over and over again about how I just don't look pregnant is not helping! Commenting on how I don't walk like a pregnant person doesn't help either!

If you feel the need to be slightly surprised to find out I'm pregnant--that's understandable, but going on and on and on about how I just don't look pregnant is just about as rude as saying, "Wow, you're really fat.. you should look into that.. "

·
Registered
890 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miny20 View Post
but going on and on and on about how I just don't look pregnant is just about as rude as saying, "Wow, you're really fat.. you should look into that.. "

Never would have thought of it like that. Sorry people are rude

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
i got that too..... didnt really start looking pregnant til right at the end.... dh could tell of course, and people who knew me well, but i moved here at like 20 weeks, so no one knows what i look like normally- although i was looking normal then.... at 38 weeks i had someone ask when i was due, and i was so happy, lol, it was the first time a stranger asked me that

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'm sorry, I swear sometimes people just open their mouths and let whatever emerge.

I keep having people tell me that I don't look pregnant from behind?! Because that looks like what exactly? Why don't they just stop talking!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.