Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted in this specific subforum before, but I'm currently about 28 weeks pregnant with the survivor of a twin pregnancy. We lost one of our twins around 14 weeks when I had a very bad H1N1 case. On baby was always borderline tachycardic, and we think it just was too much for him to hold on through.

We seem to be doing quite well at this point, though. But, with this as my 9th pregnancy, I know a bit too well what my "normal" is and this is all freaking me out. I am basically freaked because my baby is measuring normally, because my last two babies have been 10 and 11 lbers who measured a full month ahead in terms of fundal height.

Logically, I should be and am very happy that it seems unlikely I could even get a 9 lber if I was trying for one. But emotionally, it is just freaking me out. I can still do too much around the house, and I'm not miserably uncomfortable, so I keep thinking something is wrong strictly because I look "small" to myself.

I've prayed and tried to use my intuition, and I'm convinced that there is nothing wrong and this is a variation of normal. And it may be that in this case the stuff I tried to help keep from having a gigantic baby worked. But it absolutely sets me on edge, no matter how much Mercy bounces around in there and no matter how many times I remind myself that I *wanted* a smaller baby and now I'm getting one.

I'm just frustrated. The paranoia is driving me up the wall, and I know that that is *exactly* what it is.

· Registered
3,857 Posts
The paranoia can really do a number on you.
I hate all the worrying and anxiety but I'm not really sure how to get rid of it myself. So I'm not much help to you, sorry.
Have you found any coping mechanisms that help even just a little?

· Registered
1,266 Posts
I am 27 weeks with a 2nd pregancy after a full term loss and the paranoia is still there. I don't trust my body or myself to know if anything is wrong. Basically, after a loss, it is really difficult to get back in touch with your intuition. For me, there is always something wrong and if I think about it too much, I'm always freaked out. (((HUGS))) I'm so sorry for the loss of your twin.

· Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Going back and looking at belly pictures from my pregnancies with normal sized babies is helpful, and eating some of the foods that always gets Mercy bouncy helps too.

The stinking anterior placenta is NOT helping matters, because there are zones of my uterus where I have *never* felt motion this pregnancy. And I do have a doppler, so I can always listen in if I get really freaked.

I keep reminding myself that statistically, the most likely outcome is a completely uneventful birth of a full term, healthy baby. It's just hard to remember that when you've gotten burned this many times. 9 pregnancies, 11 babies, 4 born and 1 due to be born in late April or early May.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.